1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alternative plowlighting

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nalegtx, Oct 2, 2012.

1. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

So i have an older MM!, and i need some better lighting. I was thinking Intensafires, but they are mucho $$$$$$. Has anyone ever mounted any auxiliary lighting to the plow frame for additional lighting? Pics? Just seeing if this options is indeed cheaper and will do the job... j/c:mechanic:

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

You're not too far from me! I have seen people add lights and it would be simple to just add some type of weather tight plug in the grille for them. However, the intensifires really are as good as they say and are a world of a difference over the traditional plow lights.

3. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

can i just switch from what i have to a intensifire set up? I have a 3 plug system now with the insta-act pump

yea just down the road...LOL...looks like snow this year accuweather just released their forecast. seems pretty consistent from what I've seen from other long-range forecasters

[​IMG]

4. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

get some HIDS

5. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

can i put hids in my current older style lights? how do you set it up?

6. durafish

from 02919

yea. but you will need diamond 4x6 H4 conversion headlights so you can put the hids in and then you will need the HId kit off of DDM tuning. check this out another member did it but on a boss, same idea though http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=78482.

7. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

yea but don't you need projector lenses to get the right amount of light focused on the road with the proper light pattern. Otherwise you just have a random light beam pattern and you light up the trees better than whats in front of u

8. durafish

from 02919

Yea and no for plow lights I think it would be fine. You can somewhat adjust them so the are at the right angle. If I didn't have the new lights I would put hids in. Many people have done it just Google HID lights plowsite, bunch of threads come up.

9. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

thanx fish, I've been searching. I have found a few descent projector lenses. If they aren't too much $$ i may just do the conversion. I plow a lot of back country stuff with really no lighting other than my truck

10. durafish

from 02919

I wouldn't even get projector lenses cause without them the light is scattered and will light up more area.

11. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

just buy the intensifires and get it over with u can find them for 225 to 250 in that area

12. durafish

from 02919

^^^^ that too

13. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

yes you can. Like Morrissey and durafish say, take your old lights off and sell them and buy the intensefires and bolt em on, it's the easiest and best way to get better lighting.

14. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

Thanx buddy, that sounds easier. deff need more lighting!... i think im gonna go with the intensifires!

15. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You can also get the glass h3 lights as well...that's what I did. Bright and no snow sticks to them