1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alternate uses.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by glennemay, Dec 29, 2010.

1. glennemay

glennemay Member

Morning all.

Stange question.

The wiring harness. Is it possible to use it for anything else? I.e. jumper cable connection or Winch?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

ahhh, I don't think so. The power harness isn't live until you activate the solenoid via the control....you can't activate the control unless the light harness is hooked up to complete the circuit to power the ISO...Your better off just adding the supplied wiring that comes with a winch or jumper cables. I know the jumper cables that are typically used on wreckers / tow trucks are a higher gauge anyway.
  3. glennemay

glennemay Member

Kinda had that though, but wasn't sure. Always looking to find a way to save on stuff hanging off of my truck. :)

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

If you wanted to you, although i wouldn't recommend it because it would always be live, is take the pos heavy cable off of the solenoid and put it directly on the battery OR a second solenoid of some kind that you can then use that cable in the off season for something else. You would have to have whatever else it may be fitted with that plug though.