1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alright I need your opinion on something!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Craftybigdog, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Im looking at skidsteers and Im down to a john deere 325 or a bobcat S300 what are your guys opions on these! Thanks
  2. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

If you are going to make this purchase mainly for snow removal I would seriously consider going with the Toolcat 5600. I went down to purchase an S250 and was so impressed with the Toolcat (especially visability and speed) that I purchased the Toolcat instead. In the first 5 days of our Christmas time storms I put 89 hours on the toolcat and have nothing but good things to say. I'm seriously considering selling one of my trucks with a Boss V and my CAT 910 and buying another Toolcat.
  3. Bruce@ji

Bruce@ji Junior Member

Bobcat anyday

If your looking at skidsteers Bobcat is the only choice. There are just too many accessories that you can attach to a Bobcat. Want to dig a post hole-rent it at Bobcat. Break up some concrete, bushhog a lot, blow snow-rent it at Bobcat. Try going to your John Deere dealer and ask to rent a concrete mixer that attaches to the Deere. Deere is great, I farm with their tractors and they hold their value in tractors but they can't compete with Bobcat in the skid steer department. I would not however move snow with a Bobcat snowblade. Use their light materials bucket.

Bruce in Ohio