1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alright I have a couple more questions.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Nascar Fan, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

First off i got my plow(Fisher) to go up and down--well as long as i give it a slight pull while its going up and to go down is real slow and the lift ram will not fully go in unless i press down with some leverage.When i got it all the way up then down fully 2-3 times i pulled the allen head screw out from the under the bottom of the lift ram, i got a good burp of air and a little fluid.Thinking cool i will top it off and bleed it some more,it wont even pick up the blade unless i really pick the whole blade off the floor and it wouldnt go down at all unless i leverage it down while someone holds the controller in the down position.What am i doing wrong? Side to Side is absolutly fine.Just up and down will not work.I am starting to wonder do i have a a partially stuck silinoid, more air--how do bleed this pain in the butt and know im not just sucking air in from somewhere else?Could the pump me faulty in only being strong enough for side to side?:help: Cani have good side to side and still have a fitting taking air?:angry: Oh and by the way,i just bought a snowblower,used from an old family friend.It's a Yamaha 828.The slider that goes thru the body to engage the drive was stuck in so it would not move.I bought it for $50.00 and yes it is complete and in real decent shape.It also has a Yamaha motor not a Briggs or Tecumseh,not that i really have anything against them engines,actually they are usually pretty cheap to rebuild.If this Fisher keeps it crap up it may have just found it's replacement.But the thought of those two-two hundred foot long bt 7 foot wide driveways being done with a snowblower really is not appealing.....

2. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

Sounds as though it could be a couple different things. If the plow will not drop then you can rule out the pump not being strong enough. If the side to side is fine more than likely your carts are fine as they require all the carts to angle side to side. If the plow stays in the air then your 2-way cart is fine. Sounds to me if the blade raises and drops slowly then your quill(flow restrictor) is in to far. You might want to back it out a few turns. The other thing is your packing is to dry or tight. Back the packing nut out on the lift cylinder a turn or so and spray the rod with WD-40 or similar lubricant and work the plow up and down. Then tighten the nut back up snug but not to tight or the packing will squeeze the rod and you will have the same problem all over again.