1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Already nervous with how little room i have left to place snow!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RonWin, Dec 15, 2013.

1. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Mustave received 12-14 inches and was unable to get to all the accounts in time to place snow all the way back (some properties had none to begin with really). How do you guys deal with an issue such as this ? I don't own an loaders or anything like that and know that winter just started. Throw anything ontop of it? Or is it doom and gloom?? :(

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't beat the truck what ever you do. Keep plowing till they ask you what to do,then hire someone,even a small tractor will work.

091.jpg

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  3. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Rent a loader for a day.. Once they ask and ready to pay to have it moved

4. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

Rent a machine to move it.

5. Billious

Billious Member

What these guys said. Hopefully you had the foresite to have a good contract - one which refers to your services as "snow management" rather than removal. One that specifies that snow will be managed on premises, and that removal is available on the basis of time and materials.

From there, find a contractor to partner with who can remove, get a price from them, pad it by 15% and provide your customer with an option rather than a problem.

6. vlc

vlc Senior Member

Easiest thing would be to rent a skid and stack or relocate the piles on the property. I only own a little toro dingo and that works well for me because I have fairly small lots. I have it in my contract my hourly rate for this. If I have to remove snow from the property, I state my hourly rate, machine rental cost and disposal fees. Just make sure you're getting paid :)

7. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Just slam the piles with your truck:D I just use my tractor if I have to. But in your case I would rent a skid steer

8. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

You simply hire a fellow New Yawka! Easy.:waving:

9. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

Yea, what they said. rent equipment to stack higher, just put rent in with your price. Or hire someone to do it that has bigger equipment. get the job done for the customer, soon you will have bigger equipment.

don't think a skidsteer will be big enough tho. my piles are pretty tall as it is

10. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

with all the rain most piles will be lower, extra charge to consolidate the piles, you get paid to move it once by contract, give them an idea of the cost to save parking spaces by restacking or moving