1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Already a weird season shaping up

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Is it me or does it seem like winter is next month. Every one is getting ready and even talking with potential customer's, they are wanting to sign and get it over with which is a big surprise. I talked to 3 potential's this week and all 3 said yes give us your bid by next week so we can get this over with. Usually its yeah put in your bid and we'll get back to you........some day. Its close to 90 degrees in Sept. and still mowing strong. I have a feeling winter is coming fast and furious this year.

2. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

I have been bidding Condo and Townhome HOA since early August and most have already have been awarded. I can only say this is due to getting screwed last winter by going with the cheap lowballers that did not perform. Alomost all of the RFPs this year were only sent to qualified, established contractors around here. One of the property managers told me they are not taking bids from the "New Guys on the block" due to the poor service and complaints last year. Funny I saw this coming last year and I bit my tongue as they signed a three deal with us. Oh well feels good to be all set for the Winter Sept. 1st.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Nice! I'm glade we landed a nice seasonal this year, plus got all back from last year. Now I'm going after a few more along the way.

4. nekos

nekos Senior Member

I think a lot of smaller companies went out of business because of the ****** winter we had last year. I know the place i work for started picking up a bunch of new accounts before last winter even ended !

5. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

We've got pretty much all our stuff locked up as well. It sure beats Spring when you gotta wait til last minute on everything.