1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

almost too late,

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

This is what i woke up too see this morning , we were not saposed to get any thing. said we might get some flurries..? any one else around here get out late too get there lots cleaned up.

IMG_0347.JPG

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

you couldnt have been too late cause you had time to get out and take a picture :D

3. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Well i wasnt running too late , i was out at 4 am , but didnt see too many guys out until about 7am. even starting at 4 i didnt finish up until 11am

4. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

That sux BNC,

Same thing happened to me, woke up at 330 to wizz, looked outside and figured it WIZZ at my first account. Got a few done but since business started, called the rest, and am waiting by the phone for returned phone calls

5. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

I have a buddy that works overnight as a taxi driver and he will call me if anything like that happens. (snow when just supposed to be flurries). Lets us get some sleep instead of chyecking every hour when just flurries forecast but usually up anyway because worried about missing the snow call out.

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Wow, aren't you lucky, thast a good solution.

7. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Not me :D I was out pushing the gold stuff from 8:00p.m. to 5:00a.m. and haven't slept yet! Man I need sleep. Just a good 8 hours will do me just fine. Maybe I will go out to IA early and spend an extra day in the room with no interruptions :cool:

8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I was supposed to salt my lots this morning. After plowing last night it got to near 0 and everythign froze up.Only problem i never heard my alarm clock go off.I got to my lots just as the workers were arriving and got about 3/4 of them salted.

9. durchins

durchins Member

Got a late start here too. Every forecast showed an inch at best. I left my plow at work and scrambled to get there this morning. As we were finishing around 11:00 the sun was shining and the snow melting.
    Lets hope for more this weekend.

10. Midwest BuildIt Inc

I hope so , i was told to buy a salt spreader to help out the guy i sub for. So prey for snow so i can make enough to get one....

11. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I started salting at 3:30 am and finished around 10:00 am and yes our forcaster(murry&truddle) let us down with no good warning :nono:

12. tom 300

tom 300 Junior Member

i was a sshocked as everyone else even though i did only have flurries as it was all lake effect snow.I am 60 miles west of the lake and rarley get even a flurry when it is lake effect snow.I remebr listening to the radi earlier in the day and they said it was snowing in chicago and was sunny and clear here.Maybe it is lake effect from Shabbona lake..lol....

13. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Arlington Heights area got very fluffy light snow that was less than an inch. It settled to nearly nothing once the sun hit it around 11:00 a.m. when it was done.

14. Rainman

Rainman Junior Member

I guess I am lucky in that respect. My wife works for the town and gets called in when it's time to go plowing. This means when the Mrs. has to go plowing it surely means I have to go as well. I am sort of envious of her though, she gets to drive the big trucks!

15. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Welcome to Snow Plowing 101....newbie's

This happens all the time...do you really go to sleep each nite trusting the "WEATHER PEOPLE"..... :eek:

16. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Thanks , but i have been plowing for 11 years!!!!!!!

17. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

He was just kidding. Kip and Steve are great people. Just giving you a hard time, that's all :D