1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

almost ready

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mpriester, Nov 12, 2011.

1. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

i bought a used meyer 90" plow complete with mounts and harness for my truck, i only paid $850.00 for the set up and maybe another $150.00 for new lights and all the mounting bolts. well today i finished installing it and to my surprise it worked perfectly, now granted i have to flush the system and clean the filters as i noticed milky looking fluid and i will be replacing the top and bottom nose plates as i saw a crack in the top plate and the mount holes are badly worn and will replace the pivot pins and tubes which is no real problem as i have a mig and have access to a stick welder. all in all i will have around $1200.00 tied up in it and couldn't be happier and have got 2 commercial contracts for this winter totalling around 14000 sq ft. each which will help me recover my investment and also gain an education and maybe even make a couple bucks. this is my first year plowing snow with my truck and i am looking forward to snow for once. If i rambled on a bit i apologise as i got a new toy to play with. i thank everyone on this site for the help as i read a lot of threads on this and you were all very helpful. Thank You Again, Mike

2. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

I used to have that exact same set up. It was a good rig.

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Sounds like your on your way to having a good year, get your fluid changed and you will be set.
    Do you have any pic of your project?

4. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

no pics yet.i'm gonna take the a frame off it this week to change the nose plates and the king bolt and when i put it back together and on the truck i will take a couple pictures.

5. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

i took the a frame off and its a good thing i did as the pivot pins literally fell out of the sector, the pin tube walls are split and about 1/16" thick, these things are shot. the underside of the top nose plate is cracked clear across. if i would have used it as is it may have fallen off the truck the first time out and that would have spoiled my day. i have all the parts now i got to put them on.

6. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

its ready, now all i need is snow. as you can see in the photo i added a 3rd spring. Thanks For Looking. Mike

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

7. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

Mpriester, did you have to cut the bumper up on your Silverado to get the mount on?

8. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

No, i just took off the lower valance. Mike

9. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

How are you truck lights on as well as the plow lights? Just curious.

10. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

those are only the marker lights on as they are wired with the truck marker lights and turn signals, the plow headlights are wired using a on off on toggle switch and relays and this gives me both high and low beam on the plow lights so all i have to do is flip the switch for the plow headlights and turn off the truck headlights. when i bought the plow it didn't have any lights and i wasn't paying 400.00 for a set of night sabers so i wired my headlights seperate. it cost me just under $100.00 this way. its just a standard sealed beam headlight that can be bought at any parts store when it burns out. Mike