1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Almost ready to go!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by OneBadDodge06, Aug 21, 2007.

1. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Just finished this up last weekend. My 06 Dodge with one of them crummy ole chain lift MVP's. I'll be surprised if it even lasts one storm with them lift chains...what an engineering disaster.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

pics???????

3. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

Yeah that might help...:dizzy:

I'm having a hell of a time getting these uploaded...keeps saying that both my .jpg or jpeg isn't a valid format.

4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Blade do you want to email them to me? I'll PM you my Email.

5. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

Finally figured out to resize it on paint:dizzy:

snowplow skew 1.JPG

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

WHAT are you talking about- please tell me you're being sarcastic! Chain lifts have been the mainstay on plows forever- I went with a Fisher over a Boss, Snoway etc because it was a Chain lift not the crummy direct drive system.

7. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

I am being completely sarcastic!!!!

I think when I wrote that I just read a thread that was bashing chain lifts and all hyped up about that direct lift crap.

8. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Nice dodge, what fender flares do you have on it? I want a set for my 2003 and I like those. There are so many and most never have good pictures of actual trucks.

9. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

I can't remember for sure.......I know I ordered them off of the net.

Thing I like about em is they have a weather stripping on the top so it'll keep crap out and won't scratch the paint. I just used plastic rivets that GM uses on its fender flares so I didn't have to use any screws.

I'll dig through my receipts and see if I can't find out where I got em.

10. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

even the brand and name. I can probably get them locally just not many places have them instock to go hold up to the truck. Did you have to paint them?

11. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

Found my reciept...got them from Auto Truck Toys.com.

Item description:

EGR Dodge Ram Black Fender Flares 02-Up

12. midwestsnowguy

midwestsnowguy Member
    from midwest

looks good.

but i will say id take direct linkage over chain lift anyday....i have had somany trucks i fixed for other people with the chain lift i dont see why more people companies arent switching yet

13. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

Between my dad and I we've never had a problem with the chain lift.

Its always been the other things....doesn't matter who makes the plow, breakdowns do happen.

Boss has it hyped up to where "you don't feel the plow bounce with Boss".....yeah I don't either when my blade is up against my stops.

And stupid me, figured out the truck didn't run NEARLY as hot with the vee completely up on the highway than 1" above the ground.:cry: Then got rid of the truck cuz having coils go out sucks.

I really wished Western came out with the Boss style lights a LONG time ago....the old style really did blow.