1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

almost ready for the season.....almost

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Oct 22, 2010.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

so we've basicly rebuilt the whole drivetrain on the truck this summer, all new brakes, ujoints, new ebake lines, new steering gear box, new tie rods...ect ect the one major thing i was lacking was springs....it was still sagging badly and the alignment was terrible.

so today we beefed up the front end, it sits about 2 1/2" - 3" higher then stock. it should really hold the plow well now.

i'll get some good daylight pics tomorrow, also some before pics to compare also going to hookup the plow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

looks good. the add a leafs make a big difference imo, you'll be suprised how much better it sits with the plow now at least i was when i did it to my truck

3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

makes a world of difference. my truck rides so much better with the plow after i did my tbars!

4. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

What all do you have to change when you add a leaf? I would love to do this to my truck to make the front end sit a little higher

5. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

Wow, after all that you can still do the work. Are you trying to make the front end sit higher then the rear so it will sit level with the plow? or are you parked on uneven ground in the pictures?

Thanks,

john

6. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I did the AAL on my 95 and it held the plow perfectly. I actaully never aligned it and drove it 35k miles afterward and never had a tire wear problem. The tires look pretty even in the wheelwells front to rear, and the spings will settle a little if the front's a little high. It isn't a daily driver, so it doesn't really matter anyway. Speaking of which, that sucks about the Excursion. Good luck with that situation.

7. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Those should definitely help. Hows the ride now? Im still sayin you shoulda thrown a king pin dana 60 under it.

8. 91AK250

we had a shop do it, all new bushings, AAL and alignment. i plan to add alittle bigger rear block (think factory f-350 1" higher) so it sits level again.

it is alittle higher now in the front, but i put the plow on and it hardly moved...before it rode on the bump stops!

without the plow it drives soooooo nice with all the work we've done its like a brand new truck, very tight!

right now it looks as though it'll be my DD for awhile well i'm waiting on my excursion to get fixed.

9. 91AK250

some better pics, and sorry about the right hubcap i lost it on the way home today. gonna get another tomorrow.

holds the plow PERFECT now!! hardly drops. they said and i can just see i got about 2 1/2 - 3" of lift out of it...now its time to get the back just alittle higher.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

looking good

11. Squires

Squires Senior Member

Truck looks good.
    I like it without the hub caps:nod: