1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

almost one year since the 7 footer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Nov 3, 2015.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Today was close to 70 still out cutting.

20141121_112647.jpg

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Beautiful day here in Jersey, I don't think were gonna get much action this season. Your gonna be spending a lot of time counting that seasonal mola. That driveway there could a been a little wider.

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Boss plow,powered by Ford,bout as good as you'd expect:eek:

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I thought of you last year while we sat in a parking lot eating some lunch watching the jet black clouds stay off our shore line by about a 1/2 mile or so,lol. High today was 71 for us, damn grass won't stop growing. All the Day Lillys we cut back 3 weeks ago are getting green and tall again,lol.

5. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Brian, I noticed that the other day about the lillies! crazy! I'm gonna try getting away with getting my last cuts this week. when do you guys plan to stop cutting?

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Since the leaves are 1-2 weeks later than last year, I'm very happy this is not in the foreguess yet.

7. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

I'm content with no snow in nov, as long as Dec gives us something to bill for this year. Last year's transition was a mess.

8. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Hope you have a couple seasonals to bill.

9. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Always, and still landscaping. Not saying no snow at all.

10. grandview

Must of been close to75 RIghr now.sitting outside now eating dinner by the fire. That's right fords and boss plows were the only ones out plowing.Chevy and dodges were stuck in snowbanks waiting to be pulled out:D

20151104_174417.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Since you only uncovered about 90% of the drive, did u adjust ur seasonal price?

12. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Let it snow. Right after about a week of steady 25° daytime temps.

13. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

This is our last dedicated week of mowing but I'm sure we'll be mowing here and there for a couple more weeks. Some of our nicer accounts are seasonal and if we're not plowing them we'd better be there doing something lol

14. leigh

from CT

Almost thought I slipped that by you! oh well

15. leigh

from CT

Shhh! That's the secret to making seasonals profitable,don't beat your truck up pushing piles back and stacking.Shrink lot and get paid to bring in a skid,tractor or loader.

16. grandview

In this case shrinkage is good.:drinkup:

17. grandview

Just compare bitches!:D

whitestone.jpg

whitestone2.jpg

18. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I can feel the love in this thread ;) You ready for this year if it was to snow next week GV? I just finished getting everything done today....minus a few contracts that still need returning.

19. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

My house looked that way by the end of last February with the massive amount of snow we got in the month. Couldn't see my car leaving the driveway, everyday was russian roulette