1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Almost New...Western 7' - 6" Ultramount

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by cti531, Sep 2, 2010.

1. cti531

cti531 Member

This plow was purchased last winter and is a 2009 model. Used only a handful of times on a couple small driveways. I have stepped up to a Chevy 2500hd this year so am looking for a bigger plow. This thing is "mint". It has been sitting for 6 months so it is a bit dusty, but if you wipe the dust off it would shine like a new car. In the photo of the front, that is a cob web and not a scratch.

I also have all of the wiring but do not have the truck side mounts (that left when the vehicle was sold). This thing is as close to new as you will find. I'm firm at $3,000. I would consider trades or discuss options for a nice 8' Western Ultramount Pro Plow but am not looking for junk. I'm located in SE Wisconsin (Milwaukee area). You can e-mail me at: sudcity73@yahoo.com

DSC00406.JPG

DSC00405.JPG

DSC00401.JPG

DSC00403.JPG

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  2. cti531

cti531 Member

I'll take $2,800 cash...Anyone?

3. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

Offer of 2,000

4. cti531

cti531 Member

Appriciate the offer but I will pass.

5. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

I'm still lookin to swap keep in touch before the snow starts. lol Hey see what you can get mine powder coated for. Thanks Chad

6. cti531

cti531 Member

Time for a bump!

7. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

Would you do $2100???

8. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

Got mine all painted up, new chains, new night hawks, fresh fluid and filter change new back drag blade. BRING ON THE SNOW! Any luck finding a 8 footer yet?

9. upsdrivr1

upsdrivr1 Junior Member

Here it is minus the deflector. We were waiting to get some stainless steel hardware to mount it. Its amazing what a little sandblast n paint will do to make a blade look nice again!

Chadsplow1.jpg

Chadsplow2.jpg

10. cti531

cti531 Member

Plow looks very nice!!! I'm still holding out trying to sell mine locally. The best offer I have had was still $2,500. I had a guy come this weekend call me and said he was ready to buy it and was even bringing a guy to help him load it. Well before he came he stopped at a Western dealer and that guy put the big sales pitch on him telling him that he really needed the "HTS" plow and not the "Midweight" for his 1/2 ton. Certainly is getting frusterating but I do have another guy coming tomorrow afternoon to take a look. We shall see.

If I don't get my $2,800 in the next couple of weeks I may see if you still have yours or consider taking the $2,500 here locally. I'm certainly getting the itch to get my 8 foot plow!

11. cti531

cti531 Member

NootDogg...I do have an offer of $2,500 locally, so I would have to pass on that. Thanks for the offer though.

12. cti531

cti531 Member

This plow has been SOLD.

13. cti531

cti531 Member

Just curious how much do you figure you will have into this project minus the powder coating? Basically how much do you have into the new chains, lights, deflector, filter, stainless harware etc. I'm looking at some rusty 8 footers here and know I can get it blasted and powder coated for next to nothing but am curious what all that other stuff would cost me to make it look like new?

How much are you going to ask for yours?

14. upsdrivr1

upsdrivr1 Junior Member

The blades are powdercoated from Western, and if you go to get it blasted it'll cost a pretty good buck. Unless you strip the old powdercoat off first which is what we did, then had it blasted. Chains are cheap at $2.00/foot, stainless hardware maybe $25.00, the deflectors are $125 or so, filter kit is $11.00, fluid is $21, backdrag blade is $85, decal kit $25.00, and lights were $250, plus whatever the powdercoater charges ya. This blade is no longer for sale now thats its been re-habbed and ready to go. We put a set of Timbren front end supports on the truck and are just going to keep the 8 footer on it. Good luck finding your new blade!

15. cti531

cti531 Member

I used to own a powdercoating shop and did a few of these before. All my blasting and powdercoating is done for free since it was a deal worked out when I sold the business. So I am in good shape there. Was just curious how much I will stick in trying to do a complete overhaul. I see plenty of rusty Ultramounts going for $1500 - $2000 so even if I stick up to another grand into it I'm better off than dropping $5000 on a new one. Guess I will have to figure it out...thanks for the info.