1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Almost finished by one ton today

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TLC Ken, Dec 16, 2004.

1. TLC Ken

TLC Ken Member

Well, finished my one ton today. :redbounce
    Just needs signs on the side, and maybe strobes at the corners.

It's been two years in the making. Started out in life as a Wyoming BLM rig 2 1/2 years ago. after I bought it buy before I picked it up, they backed into it at the BLM lot and mangled the front. I converted it from a 2 headlight sealed beam front to a 4 HL composite front. Ordered a diesel bumper and put lights in the holes, bought a shell for it to cover the tank (it's a lawn sprayer all summer) put some serious tires, replaced broken talilights, and put a blizzard 810 on.

Today I drilled even more holes in the bed to route the MaCl hoses , this way I can mount and close the tailgate, and put the airfoil on the plow. It hasn't had a tailgate on it since I bought it.

Can't find a pic of the old front end, but I'll post a couple in progress pictures.

TLC 6 blue 1 503.jpg

TLC 6 boom down 1104.jpg

TLC 6 front boom down, no plow 1104.jpg

TLC 6 w plow and shell.jpg

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

dumb question

dumb question but are you planning on spraying some de-icing agent or is the spray portion just something thats on year round? Nice job by the way.

3. TLC Ken

TLC Ken Member

yes, this is my fourth winter using Mag Chloride. I use the boom in the winter only. I use four elcetric pumps to move it, one for each 4 foot section of boom, they are just behind the tailgate in a plastic container.

4. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

that truck is bass ass :gunsfiring:

5. TLC Ken

TLC Ken Member

thanks raptorman. Timbrens showed yesterday, I'll be putting them on shortly.