1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

almost end of winter

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 94gt331, Mar 12, 2013.

1. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

It's allways sad to see the end of winter because it doesn't snow enough in my area and I enjoy plowing. But how did everyone do this winter? Make your goals? Any changes for next season?

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I have not had a plowable event in 2 years. I did put the plow away last week end.

3. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

2012-2013 winter

its been a good winter here, started off in mid novemeber thats was the first time i had an event in novemeber since 2008, two storms right after x-mas was aliitle tough, we all kno about the lack of sleep lol. January was good but not a slammer, by no means. February was crazy busy with ice control, 9 days in a row with small events, then we had one plowable storm 6.1 in , then more ice control events to round out the month. The last snow was a nic suprise my largest storm of the season 7in, i started really early just because i just wanted to hav some fun. All of us sno fighters are the hero's of snow Thumbs Up

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Had a great year. I can only think of 2 storms that were tough. The last one we had dumped 16-20 inches of cement on us, and the other was Nemo, which wasn't bad because it was powder, there was just so damn much of it.

5. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

The next month is forecasted to be colder than normal in the Northeast, so our winter may not be over. I'm always kind of happy when it's over but constantly wish for one more storm. It's finally alot less painlful at the apartment complexes because they finally remembered how to park before the snow. I do love plowing, and always say I'm gonna take lots of pictures and never end up doing it. It's the last winter for the '99 Chevy as a primary truck, so its a little sad.

6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

ouch that hurts
    this year and last were not as good as the previous 5, the last month was ok, season goes to 4/1.anything happens the next 3 weeks will be a blessing.

7. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Only 5times here so far. Same as last year. 4years ago I was sick of snow. Every other day were going. So the last two years have yet to equal what four years ago was for snow totals and plow able events. So it was ok, but could be better.

8. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Hit a new record this year, do to landing some big accounts... Hoping to get them back next year... One of them deals were it gets bid out every year.

9. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

We had a decent year but it's time for it to go and it's time to make some steady money. Tired of waiting on something to happen.

10. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Thats what I did too. Sucks to work for someone else but at least its a for sure pay check.

11. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Wasent bad.

12. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Decent year, next year we will have more equipment to speed things up and allow us to bid more properties. I can't wait for it to go away at this point so we can get a jump on Spring work.

13. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

It's been an above-average winter for me, but it doesn't go down in the record books. The best part is that it's not over! 2"-5" expected tonight. I'll be up and moving by 3AM at the latest depending on what it's doing. This might be our last event for the year, but who knows. I'm just happy I actually have some decent work to bill out for March. I don't think I've plowed anything in March for about 3 or 4 years, and so far this month I've got a few billable plows in and a bunch of salting!

14. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Had a top 5 snowiest year ever here in SW Ct.Could have done without the 38" storm though!Still having nightmares,PTSD.:help:

15. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Yeah we are suppose to get 2-4 inches tomorrow so maybe we will have some more billable march work also. This crappy wheather is putting a later start on our spring work thats for sure. But hopefully we can make some money tomorrow.

16. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Sucked big time in cny. Hardly any good snows.

17. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

[​IMG]

It not over for us in Maine yet......

18. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

Lucky. I would love to have a crippling storm.... power outage the whole nine. Got a 10k generator just waiting to be used.......

19. FourDiamond

FourDiamond Senior Member

It's not over in NE PA. We had 1-3 inches on Saturday, and are expecting 2-6 today and tonight. There also has been some rumblings of a noreaster on Sunday or Monday of next week.. Last year I had one account that was only serviced once. This year its been serviced eight times.So this year has been pretty good. Now if I can only get paid.:)

20. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

6-16" tonight and tomorrow in the Albany, NY area. Seems like a big spread...I guess winter is far from over