1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ALMOST drove a new f350 today, but..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Camaro SS Mike, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Camaro SS Mike

Camaro SS Mike Junior Member
    from NJ

hey guys, a guy came in my shop today with a newer style ford f350 SRW for an oil change. as soon as he pulled in, i was thinking, hey, this is one of those ones i like, i wanna drive this baby! so i put it on the lift and the guy yelled to me he would be right back, so in my mind, im thinking i was gonna take it for a spin around the block if im done before he was back! so i changed the oil, filter, and greased it, check the air in the tires and let it down. i started to put the oil in, and what do you know, the guy was back! damn it i thought! i worked as quickly as possible, without cutting corners just so i could take her for a ride, just to see how she rode and if it was real hard or not and he made it back before i could finish. oh well, all i got to drive it was in the garage on the lift and over to the pumps when i was done cause he wanted it filled with gas to while he was there. he also had a western uni mount plow set up on it, i noticed the black thing under the bumper. maybe i will get to drive it next time if he ever leaves it for something in which he will have to come back when i CALL him to come get it. :D
    Mike

2. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Hey Mike,

Why don't you just go to a dealer and take one for a spin?:D

Greg

3. Camaro SS Mike

from NJ

i thought about it, but i dont care for the dealer pressures. it seems as soon as you walk into a car dealership, you have a salesman on you like white on rice. if you ask to drive something, they almost make you feel like you have to buy it. maybe thats just been my dealer experiences. ;) Mike

4. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Where are you in Jersey?

If your close enough, Mayb I can pop by and you can take mine for a spin:D

I'm in MD, about 20 mins. from the Del. Mem. Bridge.

Greg

5. Camaro SS Mike

from NJ

dockboy, i appreciate the offer, but i would never think of making you come here just for that. i live in East Hanover, NJ, which is northern NJ. my shop is in Orange,NJ, which is also northern NJ. i just have wanted to drive a new f350 since they came out just to see what it drives like, but havent had the chance yet, i thought today was the day, but nope. LOL this one also had the 5200lb springs in the front too, i checked the door sticker ;)
    Mike

6. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Trust me... you WANT to drive Gregs truck!!! That thing is THE DREAM SUPERDUTY in my book.

7. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

BAD SD

I second slim's opinion. Greg's truck is impressive......BECAREFUL if you drive it, you will NOT be happy with a stocker.

Greg,

How about you, Johnny, and myself line up with our plow setup's on.....and race for the 1st snowflake. Kinda like the Dunkin Dnuts commercial last year. You guys might have a little more power, but your Vplows will slow ya down...I'll make ya run in the scoop position!!!! Or how about you give me a 1/2 truck "and the break"? Nevermind, I'll run ya straight up.

Dave

8. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

ROTFLMAO:D :D

Dave, that sounds like FUN!!!

Tim, No my truck is not for sale yet! LOL!

Thanks for the compliments guy's :eek:

Mike, Dave is right. If you drove mine, you would be REAL dissapointed in a stock truck. I'm pushing almost 400 rear wheel horsepower(392 to be exact!) A stock PSD is around 195 RWHP. I do drive near you though periodicly. My brother lives in VT. I come up the NJ Turnpike and out I-287. The next time I head up that way I'll shoot you an email, maybe whe could meet.

Greg

9. Camaro SS Mike

from NJ

wow, thats alot of HP!!! now your really making me want to drive it! haha now i wanna drive it and plow with it, to see how it pushes snow with all that extra power. you must have alot of modifications done to it. i never knew you could modify diesel motors, until i met one of my friends, friends. he is from NJ also and has a shop i believe in caldwell and thats all they do is modify diesels to go fast. the guy himself has a dodge ram 2500 series diesel and it runs like 12s or 13s in the 1/4 mile! i cant remember the name of the company, i think its Diesel Auto Works. its a green dodge pick up with yellow lettering and a huge smoke stack on it. right then is when i realized how much a diesel could be worked up. ;) Mike

10. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Told ya... that is one heck of a Ford. Oh, and Greg.... when it does become for sale... you've got my e-mail address & everything right??? [​IMG]

Tim

11. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest