1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ALMOST bought a 720LT for the Jeep

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Chopper0912, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Chopper0912

Chopper0912 Junior Member

My wife just got her new 2014 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. She wanted a plow for it so we were looking at the 720LT today. Since I drive for some other guys, she wanted to be able to clean up around our house and the parents houses. I didn't know that the 680LT and the 720LT are all Power Hitch 1 setups. I thought that they had all been upgraded to the new Power Hitch 2 setup. Hooking the plow part up would be fine for her, but her trying to deal with the light rack isn't going to happen and I was already told she won't drive around with the light tower on and no plow. So I guess we are off to look at another brand of plow then. I would of thought by now the 680LT, 720LT and the 760SW would all be up to date with the Power Hitch 2.

Does anyone know if they are going to the Power Hitch 2 setup any time soon?

Alex

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Not sure you really even need the light tower for those, as the molboard is not that tall.

3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

If your wife is the type to hook up a plow and plow snow then taking the light tower off is a non issue. When I first got a blizzard plow in 03 I hated the lights staying on the truck. I used to take them on and off all the time. After a bit I got over it , and they stayed on the truck all the time until I got a ph2 . Having had both mounts I kind of miss the ph1. You can mount the lights and plow on a ph1 just as fast as the ph2 mounts. I know jeep people like to wave to each other ,just tell your wife how cool she'll be with plow lights. All the jeep people can see her and know she has a plow. What's better than a girl in a jeep ? A girl that plows snow with her jeep !