1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Almost a throw down

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by harley hauler, Jan 25, 2005.

1. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Here's a good story for everyone. I have a drive that's 2 cars wide and one deep, no where to push the snow in so everything needs to be pulled back into the street no big deal. Keep in mind this is a dead end street their are 2 cross roads that are about 50'-75' from this on drive both go to another dead end street. So I notice a guy snow blowing at the next house and he keeps looking and looking so I pay no attention have all the snow in the road and going to push it down the gutter into the pile the town has on the corner of the cross road. Here's where it gets good! As I'm ready to make a pass this guy starts throwing his arms up and starts yelling and swearing. Comes over to the truck and say's "I don't want her snow in my F***ing street" So I say theres no place to put it and I'll make sure the is left all nice and clean, then went on to say I'd grab the windrow from the driveway he's snow blowing to help him out. He responds with "your a F***ing A***hole and a list of other choice so I tell him to screw. So I back up the street and start pushing to snow down the gutter as I'm about 6' away from the pile he jumps in front of the blade and the pile I'm pushing to. Comes to the window and starts swearing and yelling again (at this point my fuse is starting to burn thin from no sleep so I'm ready) he say's "where the F***K do you think your going to put all that snow" So I respond be telling him he's and idiot for jumping in front of a moving plow truck then told him to bend over and I would tuck the snow right up his ass. He runs in his house, so I go back to doing what I was doing when all I see in the rear view is blue lights, yup he called the cops. He's swearing and telling the cop what's going on, cop comes to me and ask what I'm doing (like he did'nt know) so I explaining what's going on, while the guy continues to scream and swear. Cop turns to me and say's is this guy alright or what it's just snow, tells me to put the snow where I need to and to make sure the street is cleaned up, cop tells the other guy that he's being unreasonable and to stop harassing the plow guy or he will be arrested.

I know my comment wasn't to professional but as we all know don't screw with a plow guy who hasn't slept in more than 24hrs. Sorry it's so long?

2. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

That's Great
    I am glad to hear that you did'nt get in any trouble and that this A**hole got what he deserved. Next time I would laugh at him when I drove by. I know that this is not a professional approach but under the circumstances it would be OK.

Jason

3. FF279

FF279 Banned

:) Im sorry but I just cant stop laughing... WoW that is funny :redbounce

C-ya ....Ryan

4. STRONGARM

STRONGARM Senior Member

That's great!!! Why do people make things their business? shut up and do your own drive!

5. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Thats awesome! He's lucky he wasn't part of that snow bank. Must have taken an extraordinary amount of control not to hit the gas when he jumped in front of you. Thats great that the cop sided with you!

6. harley hauler

That thought of stuffing him in the snow bank like a thanksgiving turkey did cross my mind, but then I would have been screwed

7. winterangel

winterangel Member
    from Ohio

OKAY..... :dizzy: That lunitic, had he thought that the pile would be a perminit landscape fixture? I believe that could be arranged :nod: Although, it's not professional :nono:

I'm still giggeling over this, got to share this with my other half.

8. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Too bad you didn't have enough speed to angle the plow, turn out, and roost him good.

9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

that is funny and i am glad he got what he deserves.
    i would watch him tough. let the customer know what happened and to keep an eye on him, who know what he might do.

10. Chainlink

Chainlink Member
    from Vermont

Im glad for you he didnt jump in front of you before you had time to react, and nice to see the boys in blue using common sense. What got me giggling the most is he refered to it as his street, guess everyone else that lives on it is at his mercy. What a tool, is just me or do the rules of the old west need to be revisited :gunsfiring:

11. jasf

jasf Member

Idiots!

I was cleaning up around an elderly ladies mailbox today & got the cops called on me. I'm using a freakin' garden tractor with a 42" blade. I was backblading to the white line & then pushing it up on my own property!Sherriff said a passerby was "concerned" about the piles I was leaving in the road. It took longer to place the cell phone call than it did for me to do the job. Get a life & mind your own damn business. The Sheriff did a drive by & then pulled in my driveway. No problem by him.Now the old lady is concerned that I got in trouble for helping her out.

12. harley hauler

glad to see everyone is getting a kick out of this. Going to definitely keep my out for him. Where supposed to get another storm tomorrow so we'll see if the owner of the street with jump out in front of me again :)

13. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

Plow him in

That guy definetly sounds like a real ASS, i would have someone plow him in one night. :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

14. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

Lucky you didn't back in to his snowblower when you left :waving:

15. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

I'd make sure to plow that drive real early next time, before that dude is out of bed. Then I would leave him a "glacier" that would sink the Titanic at the end of his driveway.

Some people just have to be an a$$.
    Mark K

16. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

Look at it this way.............if he does call again, the cops are just going to roll their eye's at him! :rolleyes: hehe, they might get ya a cup of coffee just 'cuz they feel sorry for ya. :p

17. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Take your shovel, turn it upside down. Then slowly drag it back and forth. One half hour of this and he will pay you to stop. Works every time. Guaranteed.

18. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I had a guy come out screaming and swearing at me at a condo complex today. I was clearing the spaces themsealves as most people had their cars out for work today. No place left to push the snow except over the sidewalks and onto the grass between each set of stairs. This guy was mad that the snow was blocking his view out the front window. I would have said something stupid but i was working for a landscaping company today and i was instructed to push the snow there. Iam not going to mouth off to anyone when iam working for somebody else, its one thing if I am doing my own stuff but i was not. I just told him to either shovel as we are not responsible for snow removal on the grassy areas or talk to the condo association. It was not against the window just 10' away, 15' high and "blocking his view". At one of my drives, the guy next door complained that the pile 5' BACK FROM THE ROAD AND ON MY CUSTOMERS *LAWN* was blocking his view of traffic, he was waving his arms and screaming, i just kept driving. Iam was in no position to deal with idiots, 30 hours straight of no sleep, iam not even going to bother arguing with anyone.

19. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I have one that may beat this moron.

I plow out a industrial area of mainly factories and small doctor offices. It is like a condo assoc. that handles the contract not each business inside the "park"

One owner of a pain relief center,fancy name for massage, has run in front of my truck ,while doing 15mph. Has sent his sexertary out to "warn me" and now has told the complex he will call the cops.

For?

Piling the snow on his grass when we do his lot. AND, he does not want it piled in the lot taking up parking spots.

Condo assoc. has called him a loony toon when I talked to them and was told not to worry about him. Now he wait's in his car as we do his lot at 2 or 3 am. and then call's the cop's to say we put HIS snow on HIS grass.

The cop's instructed me to go on to my next job. I don't know what they said to him but it will be interesting the next time it snows.

20. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Maybe next time take an empty soup can and a lighter with you. If he confronts you place a small amount of snow in the can and then show him that it will melt into water with a little heat from the lighter. Surely he's aware that water is good for grass. :D Than again, maybe he's not. :dizzy:

Point out the only other option would be to place it on his other hard surfaces, i.e. sidewalk to door, stoop, on top of his car. Wouldn't it be nice if we could do things like this to people like him and get away with it. :nod: