1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alllison Tranny 2007 4x4 Diesel question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PetalsandPines, Feb 10, 2011.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

Anyone ever have the manual functions not work and pressing the haul tow mode nothing happens?

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Probably something in the shifter wiring.

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

My thoughts also--maybe ran through some high pockets of snow lately--snagged the harness?

4. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

I'll have to check that because there was so much impacted snow and ice between that plate under the tranny and the tranny itself....We havent been over 32 in like 40 days or something like that?? ...its finally thawed out being in the greenhouse now...when the suns out it is actually nice and warm and bright to work on this

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I was saying up in the shifter handle. If it were messed up under the truck you would probably get a "Range Shift Inhibited" across the dash

6. JohnDeere2320

JohnDeere2320 Member

I agree with nichols. It is somewhat of a common problem especially with plow trucks which the driver moves the shifter a lot more than normal driving. The wire breaks where it enters the steering column from the shifter. Pull back the rubber boot between the two and you might see the faulty wire.

7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

yupper, I had to splice mine back together at that point... plan on alittle time because the "wire" is acutally 2 very little wires that have to be spliced back together... pita but can be done

8. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I have had to do that on trucks before. The shifter goes up and down and up and down and finally the to wires that go to the button break. They are like 22 gauge wires.

Here is what it looks like off the truck.

001.jpg