1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Allison deep transmission pan

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by redhenny16, Feb 11, 2005.

1. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

I am thinking of getting a deep trans pan for my truck. Does anyone out there with a deep trans pan on an Allison equipped truck? Medium duty Kodiak trucks have a deep pan, but we don't have a medium duty dealer in town. Are there any mail order places that sell this kind of pan kit?
  2. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

for what reason are you thinking of getting the deep pan? I was thinking about it myself, but was told that it would not do too much for my application except usse more oil.
  4. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

I think that a deep pan would provide a little better cooling and as you said more fluid capacity which is also good. But I guess that maybe the real reason I want one is because it would be a cool thing to add to my truck that doesn't cost to much.
  5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

no more cooling but it will take the peaks and the vallys outa your temp. Pluss more capacity and a sump that is submerged in more fluid and less likey to suck air is also a good thing IMO

I have one from Eric at gmdieseltech.com also. gasket is reusabel, just need the pan and a new sump pickup/filter