1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

All wheel steer Bobcat?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by GSE, Feb 23, 2005.

1. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Anyone using an A300 for snow? Seems the all wheel steer would save on tires.....

Thinking about getting one for next season, so any input would be appreciated!

2. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

GSE,

Almost bought a 300 in October but decided the Toolcat 5600 was cheaper and had better visiibility.

3. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Interesting. How's that 'Cat been holding up? Have you, or do you plan to do any none snow related work with it? I need to get something that is equally as capable as a Large Skid Steer.

Thanks for the input.

4. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

My father has an A300, S300, 2-S250's, S205(just got it), and a S185 in his fleet. He loves the A300 for plowing, it saves alot on tires. I used it once and it was a little interesting to get used to in the AWS mode, bit it worked great.

5. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

GSE,
    It has performed much better than I expected. I have a bucket as well as a blower and I'm extremely happy with the unit. In the last few days I have been working on the sale of my CAT 910 and one of my older plow trucks. I plan on putting the proceeds into another Toolcat. The Toolcat also has All Wheel Steer which (as mentioned in someone else's post) does take a little getting used to. If I understand your question, you were asking if I plan on using the Toolcat for other things besides "snow". I do not do landscaping but I have done some minor dirt work as well as recently spreading about 90 yards of gravel behind my commercial building. The Toolcat will take just about every attachment a SS will. I have also been looking into a broom/sweeper for work in the spring. There is some question if "the sweepings" are considered hazardous materials in California. Not sure I want to "go there"...