1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

all time 4 wheel drive tc

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 78k20400ci, Jun 26, 2003.

1. 78k20400ci

78k20400ci Junior Member

i want to raise my truck but i have all time 4wheel drive my truck is a 78 k20 400 sb 400 trans the only reasone im askin this question is because i want to take off the front drive shaft till i can save enough to get it made longer will this break my tc or will it just be a 2x4 or is the 2peice chevy drive shaft long enough to leave on there for light wheelin help please
    my dad said it would break the tc beacuse it need the front to equalize the tourque load

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

It won't hurt to run it without the front shaft,just make sure if you do,it's in the 4 LOC position,so it won't burn up the differential section of the transfer case.

If you not going to high with the lift,you won't need to lengthen the shaft,it will be OK.Anything over 3-4 inches will require longer shafts

3. 78k20400ci

78k20400ci Junior Member

thanks wyldman i appeciate the help you just my my pocket book and life much eaiser

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

No problem,and Welcome to Plowsite :waving: