1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

All they want is sand. How much should I charge?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Makndust, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I bought a speedcaster II and 1 pallet of 60Lb Bags of sand. I am paying $1.65 per bag. By the time I figure fuel, and wear and tear I have about $2.50 per bag into it. I pulled into the pamida parking lot the other morning with 12 bags of sand in the spreader. I used them all on the firelane, driving lanes and parking lot entrance. I billed them out for $8.00 per bag and $15.00 to apply it. It only took me about 15 minutes. I charge $60.00 per hour ( I would like to get more, but that is what the non-professionals charge out here). Am I charging too much for the sand? Keep in mind that Pamida is one of my regulars. If I'm am called by one of brand X's customers it is going to be a standard $30.00 for me to pull onto the lot. Let me know what you guys think.