1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

All these coupler designs are confusing!!!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by KSlandscaper, Dec 19, 2006.

1. KSlandscaper

KSlandscaper Member
    from Kansas

Yo - I'm in need of some help.

I can't decide which coupler design to change over too.

I have an e60 unit and an e47 unit for backup. I need to leave the couplers all the same design for easy swap outs.

The e60 is presently equiped with some funky design i've never seen. It appears like the new meyer post design, but yet it is compatible with the old ball coupler design (but leaks in use).

The e47 is equiped with the old school ball couplers.

The cylinders are equiped with the new Meyer post couplers.

Which should I swap all couplers over to: ball or post? The ball design is certainly much cheaper, but is there some reason why Meyer switched over to using the post design??
  2. aus316

aus316 Member

u decide what u wanna go to but make it easiest on u self:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

KS: The reason Meyer went to the newer style coupler's was due to the mess of the coupler's leaking fluid when you disconnect them.That's why Meyer call's the new style, "low spill couplers". I would just leave all the low spill couplers on your equipment and just buy 2 low spill's for your old E47. Just to pre warn you though the female half of the low spill's are VERY expensive! But they seem to out last the old style one's so it's money well spent.
  4. KSlandscaper

KSlandscaper Member
    from Kansas

Thanks for the info. I'd need 2 sets of the post couplers though considering I only seem to have one actual post coupler set - the other is some strange bird design. I see in catalogs they run bout $30/set! :dizzy: Yeat the old school ball couplers are dirt cheap.

If it'd snow I wouldn't mind shellin out $60 for better parts, but snow doesn't look too promising. :(
  5. Snoflo

Snoflo Member

Can find the couplers at a decent price at:

And as stated below the low spill couplers are the way to go.