1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

All that Line-X?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 02DURAMAX, Oct 16, 2009.

1. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Well I got my bed line-x and while I went in for that I did the chip guard also!!

Next week I go in for the under coating and rust proofing!!!payuppayup:eek:

2. 02DURAMAX

3. 02DURAMAX

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

what are we looking at here?

edit: lol oh their are more pics.

5. 02DURAMAX

6. 02DURAMAX

lol yes

now look!!:D:D

7. 02DURAMAX

8. 02DURAMAX

9. 02DURAMAX

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

thats awesome, what did it cost if you dont mind, i have been wanting to do that for a few years on my truck.

11. 02DURAMAX

Just under $1800:help:payuppayuppayup

the guy gave me a good deal!

12. 02DURAMAX

Its alot of line-X its got it inside over the door sills, inside under the doors and all the way under the rockers.

you wont find any paint from that half down.

took three guys from 8am-8pm to do everything!

13. 02DURAMAX

Few random shots..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. 02DURAMAX

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks much better afterwards. Not sure on the rims going well with your truck but I like everything else. I see you had a single stack?

16. 02DURAMAX

Dual Stacks

Took them off so they could line-x the bed

17. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

awesome, i wanted to do that to mine but wasn't sure how the black would look on the silver thanks for the great visual soon as i get the time an money ill be doing the same. again awesome!

18. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

As a Collision Shop owner, I will only suggest you save your money on the rustproofing and undercoating (which are two in the same, so somebody is not being fully truthful with you if you are being charged separately). Anymore, it's not really helpful, and when you go to work on your truck, (which you will) you will have a severe gooey mess to deal with. We've run experiments on vehicles for over 30 years and have found that they will last the same with and without the rustproofing and have come to the conclusion that it is a terrible waste of money. I'm not telling you what to do in anyway, but merely giving you an opinion from someone dealing on the other side of that business. A vehicle will rust regardless if not taken care of properly. Now, the spray-in bed liners are very key in protecting a bed, we are an experimental shop for a new product made from Kevlar, supposed to be bullet proof. I've not noticed it being any stronger than Rhino Lining or Line-X, it is only much thinner in application and I don't believe to be stronger than those two from the tests I've ran. IMO you made a good choice with that and you'll be very happy with it, especially years down the road.
    The truck looks good, hope it makes you lots of money this winter. :drinkup:

19. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks just as good over here as it did on Lawnsite haha

20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. You didn't do any closeup shots, but that product looks to be fairly smooth. Saw a truck the other day with the same parts of the truck treated. It was real chunky stuff, like a popcorn ceiling. Looked terrible.