1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

All talk no action... Position Open Dupage, IL

Discussion in 'Employment' started by scottL, Dec 2, 2008.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

".....All Talk and NO Action. Looking for demotivated, slacker who whines constantly, never returns phone calls, thinks they know it all and Simply wants to get paid 2x everyone else and has zero experience. If you've broken previous employers equipment because your brain is not engaged and most people call you a tool bag behind your back -Then we want to hire you. We'd prefer that you have two or three other gigs that would also interfere with any ability you might have to actually do any type of work......"

ARE PEOPLE FREAKEN KIDDING ME!!! I can't tell you how many think snow plowing is an instant get rich job option with no effort involved. They think they should get paid top dollar but, can't back it up. HEY, I've got a bright new shiny truck and can plow 100k sq feet in 20 minutes, my A--.

I'm looking for someone motivated, reliable, working phone, working equipment, can shovel a bit and can back up their talk. We can be flexible with schedules.

St. Charles, West Chicago, Wayne, Bartlet, Carol Stream, Commercial and Residential. PM me if interested aside from myself I can probably hook the right people up with additional hours with two other outfits in the same area.

( Whew part rant part posting :D )
  2. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I can send you a list of some of my former drivers...but might have to check w/ their parole officers as to their availability :D
  3. scottL

Yup :jester:

It's funny you mention this .... I did get a strange request along this avenue.
  4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Scott, I'll shoot you a text if I finish early w/ this up coming event, if I can be of any help when I am done I'm there.
  5. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

You forgot VALID drivers license. Seems that is like a masters degree around here. Another one is must have children and not know what a babysitter is. Need to be paid at the end of your shift can't wait til tomorrow.
  6. scottL

No Kidding! :cry:
  7. ZoomByU

ZoomByU Member

We had a possible shovel guy show up on a bicycle after saying he had a truck to drive, turns out his driver's license was suspended. How bout this one, "can you pay me cash, I don't want to pay taxes."
  8. snowmanager

snowmanager Junior Member

Scott, if you want to give me a call I might be able to help you out.

9. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I should be available if the city (Naperville) doesn't call us out. I'm in Warrenville. 630-303-3552
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  10. SolarGlass

SolarGlass Junior Member

Open position, DuPage Co.

Would be interested in helping you out. Gotta laugh at the responses, and your rant.
    Got a good truck, license, motivation, insurance, experience, (lived in the U.P. of Mi. for 10 yrs,with a 1.5M driveway), and a like minded partner. Lookin to keep the truck on the road 24 hrs, in split 12hr shifts. If interested please call 630-947-9697, or e-mail.
    solarsolglass@gmail.comThanks, Marcus
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  11. 03CHEVYHD

03CHEVYHD Junior Member
    from 60560

I work in carol stream and I get off at 430pm earlier if needed, to help if you need for the up coming storm I have a little experance a 8+1/2 western and 03 2500hd my number is 630-936-0612 call anytime day or night. Phone works real good it has an awsome ringer
    Thanks Dan
  12. mike d

mike d Junior Member
    from IL / WI

i got a guy for you, i just let him go on saturday he woke up at noon still drunk from his night out and couldnt figure out why the plow truck that i let him use was no longer in has driveway and already had a new guy driving it and plowing his route , he a real gem
  13. lsexpress

lsexpress Junior Member

Want to work!

Scott.... I have 5 tractor trailer dump trucks that i could offer to help with any snow removal work if needed.

If you do not need this service but know of someone that can please let me know.

Just trying to keep my guys busy.

Nick Skoric
  14. scottL

Thanks guys ..... I've contacted a number of you who PM'ed and responded. Others I have kept your info and or passed it along to a few partners.

Thank you ALL for responding!!!!!!! ussmileyflag
  15. joker71

joker71 Junior Member

Your Answer

Hello Scott,
    I am a (no joke) hard working guy looking to help you out in any way I can. I do have a truck (ford f150) but no plow on front. However, I do have a valid drivers license and very good driving record. I dont mind shoveling and working hard. I have 4 kids and need the second income very bad right now. Please e-mail me anytime if interested and I will give my cell #.
    Thank you for your consideration,
    Ed Price
  16. joker71

joker71 Junior Member

P.S. I live in Geneva, IL Just FYI
  17. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Thanks for the call last night!
  18. scottL

I recent the forms ... let me know the status. Next run will be more organized :D
  19. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

20. 7thInfantryDiv.

7thInfantryDiv. Junior Member

I live in Aurora, have a F250 SD 4x4 , 7.5 plow. But I am a newb at plowing with a truck. Not really a newb, but it has been many many years and I am learning all over again. Would like to help ya out, but I want to get used to plowing again and get better at it before I put myself out there in everyones way!!!! When I do think I am ready, all I can do is plow with my truck, not allowed to shovel due to my disability. But I still wish ya the best of luck! wesport

Darn glad they let us use these computers here in Joliet State Prison, oh and I can get as many license plates as you need!! I will be out on good behavior soooon. I would have been out sooner, but I swear I didn't shank that guy! :eek: