1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

All set up and no Snow to push

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by wakesetter2001, Nov 23, 2007.

1. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 Member

New 2007 Cat 247b and an Erskine 8' Pusher Now it needs to start snowing.

Cat 1.JPG

Cat 2.JPG

Cat 3.JPG

Cat 4.JPG

Cat 5.JPG

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

what do you mean "no snow" what about the last pic?LOL

looks realy good is this your first CaT? you'll be happy with it

3. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

THE FIRST THING I SAW WAS THE FRONT OF YOUR BLADE WAS UP???? ITS HARD TO SEE WHAT IS LEVEL I RUINED 2 CUTTNG EDGES BEFORE I GOT IT :pI SO SAVE YOUR SELF SOME MONEY CARRY IT LEVEL:salute:

4. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

Great lookin' machine! I wish I had me a Cat SSL!
    Good luck with it.
    -Mike

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

CAT looks good

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  6. bosshogg

bosshogg Member

Thats a nice looking unit. I hear those are the skidsteer to have I would like to try one out.Yea we are still waiting for snow also hope it comes soon and heavy!!

7. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Thats a sweet rig there! What do you mean boss, its snowed pretty heavy today! lol

8. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

off topic (sorry) 4X4 how well do you get along with the 924g's i am in the middle of buying one, high lift

9. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Hey powerjoke, I'll send ya a PM

10. bosshogg

bosshogg Member

The 924 is a great tractor. I have nothing bad to say about the 924 except I wish aI had a couple more of them.

11. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Just curious, how do you move it with a 1500?

12. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 Member

Powerjoke, this is the first Cat I have actually owned but for the past two years I have been demoing and renting Cat, Bobcats, and Case MTL's and Skid Steers. This is what I settled on do to my experience with the Cats, dealer is very helpful and friendly (Helps when you spend that much money with them I think), and I think I got a pretty good deal.

ALarsh, I don't pull it with the 1500 I have a Chevy 3500 duramax I pull it around with.

Thanks for the comments all, it is nice to know there are people that understand how hard you have to work to afford a piece of equipment like that. (The other half doesn't't seem to get it yet)

13. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Nice 247B!!!!!!

14. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Thats one mean looking set up !!! Make sure you get us some photos of it in the snow !

15. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

That thing will for sure move alot of snow!!!!! And make some good $$$payup during the regular season.

16. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Looks like a cozy cab

17. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

That thing should move some snow with ease!:)

18. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Nice CAT!! Won't the tracks tear up real easy though on the pavement?? Just what I was told by the local CAT salesman.

19. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

That thing is awesome!

20. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 Member

EGLC If you run a tracked machine on asphalt in the summer the dealer is right it will tear the tracks up and wear them down fast, same with rock, but this also dependent on how the machine is operated, you cant just let anyone run the machine it takes some experience and common since. But for snow there will be a small layer of ice and it will just slip around very easily. I have found that the tracked machines are very good in the snow and I think better then a tire machine because I can make a ramp and stack snow about as high as you can think. Tire machines sink when you try and go up a pile.