1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

All right Michiganders, SNOW tonight !!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Eyesell, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Got the first big storm scheduled for tonight, Christmas early in Michigan payup , I can't wait to try the new truck, everything is raren to go !!

Hope everyone else make a few $$$
  2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

you will love how much snow you will be able to push with the 6.0. :) as for the snow, i will believe it when i see it.
  3. ELF

ELF Junior Member

MY WISH fOR XMAS is comming true :waving: :waving:
  4. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

We've been threatened by snow storms for the last 4-5 days, I got to plow once. It looks pretty good for tomorrow or Friday. Breck :waving:
  5. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

I hear that. I've plowed once and salted the commercials twice. Just snow already! Some of these meteorologist should be shot :gunsfiring:
  6. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I think we have plowed 5-6 different times. It's not looking good for this weekend, well as far as having x-mis off!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. wls

wls Senior Member

I remember when you said, I can't wait till plowing season. :) , Now you can't wait till spring. :)
  8. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Guys I just looked at radar,I do not think we are going to get anywhere near the snow everyone has been talking about. I hope I'm wrong but radar shows very little snow in Michigan right now. Looks like its all heading more to the east. Take those plows off.

Sadly Mike
  9. The Coach

The Coach Junior Member

This from my favorite weather site for Western Wayne County.

Hazardous weather condition(s):

Hazardous Weather Outlook
    Winter Storm Warning

Tonight: Periods of snow, mainly after 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 22. North wind between 10 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Thursday: Periods of snow, mainly before noon. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 22. Blustery, with a north northwest wind between 21 and 26 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Coach :D payup
  10. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I hope you are right. We need a little snow up here in Waterford, whatever you don't want send our way. payup

11. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

What we're all gonna get is gonna depend on the next few hours and how clode the center of the low tracks towards us. Right now it looks like it's headed more east than north - that's gonna reduce snow totals. I'll take that. Give me the 2" snows all day! I'd rather have the 2-4" any day. It's the 6" and over snow that bust up all the equipment. If we get the 10-12+", the repair shops and parts suppliers will be in heaven.
    Let's hope the low tracks to the east and only gives us the easy money push (and the white x-mas). Amen.
  12. Runner

Runner Senior Member

13. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

wink wink, nudge nudge..

Hope you guys can take a joke.....SO...here goes.

You KNOW... :rolleyes: Up here, in the State of Superior, (aka "the UP"). I have been out plowing 17 time since November 25th.

The current wx warning for Gogebic County is as follows:

The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a lake effect snow warning. Look for snow showers to intensify overnight and continue into Thursday. Snowfall amounts of 2 to 6 inches can be expected tonight with an additional 4 to 8 inches on Thursday. The snow showers will diminish in intensity Thursday night as winds turn around to the west and drier air moves in. However... another 4 to 6 inches is possible Thursday night... bringing snowfall totals by Friday morning up to 20 inches over the favored snow belts. Most of the snow will fall to the northwest of Marenisco... with the greatest amounts from Ironwood to Wakefield and northward to The Porcupine Mountains.

My signature gives you the current snow total here in "Big Snow Country"

Just giving you guys some grief. Of course YOU have decent paying jobs down there. Places to shop. Roads without potholes, and people with education. We get snow. How lucky are we!

14. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

Roads without potholes? What's that