1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

all on headlights mod and plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by quicknova, Mar 7, 2015.

1. quicknova

quicknova Member

I purchased the all on headlight module from merchant auto - seemed like a nicer way of doing the all on lights mod. It does not seem to be working though and I'm wondering if its due to my Western snow plow module (ultra mount 4 port iso module). Anyone using the all on mod with a snow plow?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Does not seem to be working? Care to explain?
  3. quicknova

quicknova Member

The lights on truck operate as normal with the module installed. The purpose of it is to be able to have your low and high and fog lights all on at the same time.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So, it works or it doesn't....not sure how you can't tell. All lights or none
  5. quicknova

quicknova Member

The mod is not working, even with the module installed everything functions the same as oem as origonally stated - the purpose of posting the thread.

I wanted to see if anyone else with a plow has tried the all on mod and does it work as intended or was there anything additional that needs to be done to make it work?
  6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It could be truck side.
    Most vehicles that have a computer to run things, it will not turn on the fogs
    With the high beams as its illegal to run them both on , on the streets.

You may need to see the dealer to enable them,
    Fogs enabled,with high beams.
    It may take changing the country,in the computer to allow for this change/ menu
    to show up.

So for now all on consists of the plow lights and the trucks head lights to be on at the same time.
  7. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

What do you have for a truck? I have an 06 Sierra 1500 and it works on my Fisher. I don't have the fogs on, just hi and low beam. I used a diode between the hi and low beam relays.

Snowfarmer, I think he means without the plow and hi beam on all truck lights are on. Fog,hi and low beam. With the plow on, hi and low on the plow are on and no truck lights.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  8. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

Those are not recommed for trucks with plows,the plow headlights cannot handle having both low and high filaments running at the same time for an extended period.
    On some trucks from the factory the lows stay on with the high beams on,fisher and western both use relays to cancel out all four lights running when the high beams are on so the plow lights won't burn up.
  9. quicknova

quicknova Member

06 2500hd duramax. The mod is installed but everything functions the way it should stock, I think the western iso module over-rides everything, I haven't tried it yet but I bet it will work if I disconnected which ever plug controls the lights on the iso module.