1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

...All of the sudden - plow lights not working

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by soleftimright, Nov 13, 2012.

1. soleftimright

soleftimright Junior Member

I attached my Ultra Mount Western 7.5 straight blade yesterday for the first time of the season and the lights (both high beam and low beam) won't go through to the plow. The orange signal/parking lights do come through on the plow as per normal. I tried a few things but can't figure it out.

Here are the details:
    - no fuses are blown
    - I scraped at the connections with a pointed tool considerably to make sure there was not any impeding corrosion
    - I played around with every single connection I could see pulling them apart and then putting them together again including into the module
    - I used a volt meter in the two holes for high and low beams on the 11 wire harness and there was no power in these one (other holes did have power.)
    - truck lights work just fine not attached to plow
    - everything else works fine
    - it is a 3 port isolation module
    - on a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500
    - I do recall that installing some wiring for a camper on the truck this summer I did short the system and some sparks flew for a moment (nothing too crazy) perhaps this fried the isolation module? Are they very sensitive? I would have thought other electrical issues would show up if it was totally cooked...

I am not exactly an electrical pro though I did successfully install the thing originally myself in 2010. I would hate to replace the module and then find out it is something else...

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok. Did you ck the plow harness to see if you have pwr coming from tk to the ISO? Pwr in and pwr out?