1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

All Liquid/Brine Sprayer Pics Here!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by gottaluvplows, Dec 12, 2009.

1. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Ok so i thought this would be a good to get All liquid/brine Sprayers in one spot.....
    I have tried this before (at lawnsite) and it was a success! So im hoping this will be the same way!
    We dont have a sprayer (YET!!!!) But i can find a Pic

[​IMG]
    Whose Next ?????

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

[​IMG]

3 point attachment that I custom built. Will spray 9'-25' with stream nozzles and 25 gallon per minute at 60 psi.

3. Kubota 8540

View attachment 66033

ebay sprayer 09 009 (Medium).jpg

ebay sprayer 09 011 (Medium).jpg

Sprayers I built. 3 point on Kubota will spray 25 gallon per minute up to 60 psi
    150 gallon skid sprayer 160 gpm 30 psi and 80" boom 9' spray width

ebay sprayer 09 009 (Medium).jpg

ebay sprayer 09 011 (Medium).jpg

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  4. Kubota 8540

OOPS! First time I uploaded pics to Plowsite. I did down size them perhaps not quite enough, I didn't mean to hawg the whole page. Also now understand file renaming. Dam newbies.

5. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Hey kubota can you tell me more about your setup in your pick-up. Like how many gallons and what did it cost Etc. Thanks

6. Kubota 8540

Would love to: 150 gallon PCO tank 2" riverside ploy pump, 5.5 hp Briggs and Stratton gas engine recoil start, 12 volt electric 3 way recirculating boom valve w/ switch in the cab, 80" spray bar, on a treated skid. It can self fill thru a 2" suction hose, simply hook up suction hose turn 2 valves start the engine and it will draw liquid from any container. The boom has Teejet SJ-3 triple stream tips. All hoses are either EPDM or PVC. I custom built this sprayer and it was sold to another member on Plow site. I'm currently building a twin of that sprayer for another contractor in my home area. It sold for $ 2,250 ready to spray. Assembled and tested.

7. balky22

balky22 Junior Member

that set up on ur trator is pretty sweet. what are u using for liquid

8. Kubota 8540

right now 23% salt brine or 32% liquid calcium chloride. Its a 200 gallon can spray 11', 17', and 25'.

9. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Please tell me you strap that baby down in the pick-up!
    Do you strap it down just like a salt spreader??
    (front to back back to front)

10. Kubota 8540

Eye bolts and turn buckles to the in bed mounts and the tail gate goes back on. But not spraying with a truck with a bed rug.

11. draganm

draganm Junior Member
    from Srbija

Hey

Hello guys, nice job with sprayers.
    I have one question, do you use pump with special diaphragm or standard rubber diaphragm pump. Does the salt erode the pump parts???

Thank you.

12. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Give me two weeks and ill post up pictures of our hybrid granular/spray dump truck. Still on order!

13. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

I use regular 5.5 or 6.5HP trash pumps. I pay like 200 bucks for them..
    Sometimes i rinse the tank out with soap and water at the end of the season then run that through the pump but other than that...I usually end up replacing a few seals then the pump is all good!

Like these

[​IMG]

14. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Here are my rigs.
    First is mycurrent- Dodge 3500 with 325 gal system.
    Second is my original spray truck- Dodge 250 with 200 gal

sprayer 1.jpg

MVC-011S.JPG

valleyviewlawns likes this.
  15. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Yeah what he said! If you didn't need any bells and whistles you could put a sprayer together for around $500-750 depending on tank size and pump/motor.

16. GTMN

GTMN Member

Here a a couple of my favorites!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Kubota 8540

Is it my monitor or is what your spraying green?

18. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

It is green. If I remember the story right it was a special custom blend requested by the property owner and it was to thick for the snowex to spray properly. My sprayer would have eaten that up and spit it out just fine!

19. GTMN

GTMN Member

It's green, apogee from envirotech. Its so expensive I might as well be spraying aunt jemima's! The sprayer came from snowex with air leaks at every joint. The distributor took care of me not snowex and now the pumps push the product just great. Not impressed, it's my first and last mistake with them.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  20. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

Bump, let's bring this thread back to life. I'm looking now at getting into liquid this year and it has gotten a lot of attention as of late. Show up what you got. Share the knowledge.