1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ALL LIGHTS DIMMING REALLY BAD :confused:

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by nalegtx, Nov 3, 2010.

1. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

:confused:My 2003 Chevy 2500 has aMM2 Fisher 8'HD. Seems like over the last 3 or 4 years whenever i move the plow left right,up or down all the lights on the vehicle inside and out including dash are dimming really bad. I have changed the battery and the alternator with the same results. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe since i haven't changed the pump filter in a few years....i know i forgot sorry.......that maybe there is a restriction causing the pump to work harder drawing more amperage????? any help is great thank you.......................LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Or a bad pump motor...

Drawing a lot of Amps......

3. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

First thing would be to go through every electrical connection between battery and motor on both 12v and ground side and make sure they are clean. Also do this between alternator and battery. Wouldn't hurt to clean that filter too.

4. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Bad ground. Do the big 3 upgrade.

5. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

You do have dual batteries right?

6. vinces designs

vinces designs Junior Member

switch your alt to a high output factory suck

7. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

thanx for all the recommendations...gonna give em all a try this weekend. got a digital volt meter and will run some voltage drop tests and resistance tests on wires...checking all my grounds and maybe some bad wiring maybe

8. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I think we have a winner!