1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

All fisher plows now 2-plug

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mcwlandscaping, Feb 15, 2012.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Not sure if anyone else has any information on this but a friend of mine works at a huge GM sales and service center as a tech. He was installing a new straightblade today and apparently fisher is back to using a 2 plug system on the straightblades as well. I believe from what he said is that the straights are now using the multi-plexing technology that the XLS and XV have been using. Anyone else see this yet?

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Yes, Western and Fisher and I assume Blizzard are all Multiplex two plug systems now, they also ship in a "big box", a frame and lift fram,hydraulics mostly assembled in a box. The moldboards have the push beam attached at the factory as well. As a dealer, the time to assemble and all the boxes to build a plow have greatly reduced!

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Wrong. I believe a 3-plug is still standard. The multiplex is with the Fleet Flex system, supposed to make it possible to take an XV or XLS off a truck then toss a straight blade on the same truck.

4. The Fleet Flex is the new standard and uses multiplex wiring on straight blades as well as the XV and XLS. RepoMan207 told us all about it in late Sept.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=125270&highlight=multiplex+fisher

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe you ought to listen to the guy above you that sells these things for a living....

6. mcwlandscaping

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I got several pics this afternoon from my friend, one of which was the plowside iso module...that was weird to see on a straightblade!

7. mcwlandscaping

I searched for a little bit on here about the subject but as you can imagine a lot of other results came up when i searched "2-plug" or "multiplex", etc.! Thank you for finding a posting that link!

8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Look at eMatch. Fleet Flex is an OPTION.

9. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Ematch has got nothing to do with it... That's just for selecting the correct components based on your specific vehicle and plow.

All current production Fisher and Western straight blades are two plug Multiplex systems. No more three plug. Period.

Actually, it's pretty much old news at this point.

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yup. Just one more way for Douglas Dynamics to generate some more revenue and pound it to the end user.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to six months ago. :waving:

12. Sorry, but thats just not the case...