1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

All fisher blades interchangable?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by pushnf8, Apr 11, 2010.

1. pushnf8

pushnf8 Junior Member
    from NH

I have a mm1 7.5' plow. The blade has seen better days and I would like to replace it with a more solid one at off season price. Does anyone know which blade assemblies will interchange? Can I take an older speedcast blade and use it on my mm1 without mods?

SKYNYRD Senior Member

the speedcast blade will fit if you use your blades A-frame or modify the speedcasts A=frame for the jack. a mm2 blade/A-frame should also fit. just make sure the ears are the same distance as yours
  3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

If you use the search function, I think the interchange diagram has been posted.
  4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Pop the pins on the moldboard and leave the A frames the same and the speedcast will fit ur MM1 7.5
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Thats not 100% true. I just found this out the hard way. I'm trying to swap from a 7.5' MM1 to an 8' Speedcast and the A Frame won't work. My MM1 apparently can accept only the 7' LD and 7.5' RD MM1 blades, and there was a seperate A Frame for the 7.5-9' MM1 blades and another one for the MM2 style.
  6. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Nowhere in ur 1st post did u mention u were talkn 8+7.5 I assumed u were talking ONLY inter changing 7.5's speedcasts+7.5 MM1
  7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Good point, either way- now he knows more than he originally did (and me too!)
  8. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Fisher's had 2 a-frame sizes.. 22.5 and 25.5 inches roughly
  9. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

I was going to post a similar question, but i'll tack it on here instead. I am looking at a truck (8 lug 90's Chevy 2500) that has a 7.0 ft MM1. Could I take this and swap on my 8' speedcast blade?

What do i need to look for, or maybe differently, where should i be measuring for the above sizes? The truck is over 90 mins away...

SKYNYRD Senior Member

all you should have to do is swap the a-frames. the mm1 was basically a speedcast blade only they changed the a-frame to accomidate the jack
  11. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

The speedcast 7.5 will fit the MM1 7.5 set up, they are not interchangeable with 8's or 9's, (different A frames). Speedcast 8's and 9's are interchangeble with MM1 8's and 9's as they use the same A frame. If you use the speedcast A frame on the MM1 (no matter what size setup) you will need to weld a piece of angle iron on it to accomodate the headgear upright spring.