1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

All down hill now..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Jun 21, 2007.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well summer heres now and it'll start getting darker now .You go from lawn cutting estimates to plowing estimates within the next month!:eek:

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

For me it always seems after the 4th of July summer is over. After the 4th it seems that fall comes quicker every year.

3. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

thats funny...we said the same thing this morning at work...going the other way now

4. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Well im going out to night to pre treat;) This time of year anything can happen.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I already started bidding plowing accounts. And yes after the 4th summer goes quick. The grass slows down and everything.

Ryan

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:drinkup: You guys are so lucky. Around here, nobody even thinks of snow as far as contracts go until around Sept/Oct. In fact around here, snow is a "dirty word" until then, :eek:

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I hear ya, you could feel the nip of fall in the air this morning!:jester:

8. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

just got a call today for snow removal... someone wanted to get on our list early she said. i couldn't believe it!!

9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I'm in the process of doing three very large snowplowing bids right now....I hate the winter!:rolleyes:

10. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

You got that right. I spoke with a customer about a month ago about 07/08 contract. She said are you kidding me it is not even summer yet. :dizzy: I would think the end of August that sounds like a good month.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad I'm not alone.....:waving:

12. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

Usually the firewod sales get going in Aug.
    That's what I used to do in TX.

As a small company with 1 splitter, I would sell 40 cords a season.
    It was only cold twice a year. Thanksgiving and Christmas....LOL

13. Quality SR

I have started my logsplitter project 3 years ago. I have a little more to go then she will be up and running. How much did you get for a cord? Does it include delivery? Rich

14. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

$225 cord deliverd and stacked within 30 miles.

With delivery and thrown off I would take a liittle less, and had more clients that way.

I wish I had a dump trailer back then. When I first started it was all hand split.

15. Quality SR

Thats not bad at all. Thanks for the info.