1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

all done with driveways.........

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rmartin, Sep 22, 2004.

1. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

The snow hasn't even started yet and my customers are demanding that the are the first ones to be cleaned out during a storm. I recently sent out letters to my customers about the upcoming season rates and other info. Yesterday I start getting calls from them. "I want you to do my driveway, but can you do me first." Now I have 6 commercial lots with 4 more up for bid right now. I think I have decided to drop all my driveways. I just don't think its worth it. Unless you have a nice close route, driveways blow.
  2. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I was thinking about the same thing. Starting out with commercial lots in stead of drive ways. Do commercial lots pay alot more then residential driveways?
  3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I like commercial lots myself. Residential you push 1 time and you are finished. Commercials you push multiple times a storm. As far as which pays better I don't know. I guess someone would have to figure out how much inputs it takes to do commercial lots & the returns from them, then figure the inputs on residential drives & the returns on them. I just like commercial lots. For the most part around here people do not want their driveway plowed unless it snow over 8" at one time, that usually dose not happen but every other year. Most of our snows are 6" or less at on time. :waving:
  4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

you will find that once you stop doing residetials you will have ALOT less headaches, I dropped mine 2 years ago and never looked back, too much ******** for not enough pay
  5. CENLO

CENLO Member

I plow about 1/2 commercial and 1/2 residential. I only take residential clients where I can push the snow straight back. The average drive runs about $30.00 per plow. I can plow 4-5 drives in one hour. That works out to $120.00 to $150.00 / Hr payup (try finding a commercial site for that kind of money!) I think it a boils down to the client, there are good and bad commercial and residential clients it's up to you to choose!