1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

all cleaned up

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by CAT420, Jan 20, 2009.

1. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

Heres my truck and plow all cleaned up after a few weeks of not being able to wash it!! :realmad: let me know what ya think

0120091435-2.jpg

0120091435a.jpg

0120091435b.jpg

0120091451.jpg

2. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Nice truck man .How do you like the bfg all terrain tires i was thinking of getting some this year.

3. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

Thanks, the bfjs i have nothing but good things to say about them. i love them, there quite, they look good, and there unbelievable in the snow

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

BFG's are a GFBT. You figure it out. :D

5. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

haha i have no clue what does GFBT mean?

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

good phucking brand tire. :)

7. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

yes they are...it was the b that i couldnt figure out

8. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

So I should get a set this summer .My stock ones are starting to look like crap and I have heard good things about them also.

9. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Hey cat420 what do you think of your truck .I heard the hd has come a long way.Did you add anything to front end when you got the plow.I used to have a chevyz71 before and luved plowing with it.Then i went to a 03 f250 to plow like the truck but ride sucked.I always liked chevy ride.How does it due on gas.

10. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

great tire the company i used to work for used them on all there 4x4 company trucks so i got a set never had a problem them great look great traction and even better looks i just moved up here and they handle great in the snow even with 50,000 miles on em i swear by them i heard of some people getting even 80,000-90,000 miles out of them i just talked my boss in to getting them for his truck

11. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

I did not add anything to the front, i cranked the t-bars up and got an alignment i also have about 350 lbs of weight in the back, it sucks down the gas, i get about 6 m.p.g plowing, 10 m.p.g not plowing in cold weather and 12 m.p.g in the summer..and i love my truck its been good to me so far

12. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Nice GMC cat420!! Is it the 6.0? That mileage sucks!

13. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

thanks and yea its the 6.0:rolleyes:

14. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

sweet lookin truck, im completely stuck on what i want. the fords seem to handle plows better but i love the way those GMC's look and suprised how well your truck seems to handle that plow, highest ive seen a front end sit on one of those with a raised plow without timbrens...your swayin me to the GMC route :drinkup:

15. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

i honestly was surprised myself the first time i raised the plow and it dropped 1/2 inch, i was like wait a minute why didnt it do a nose dive, im happy

16. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

looks good
    i washed mine today and then it went to quirk ford lol
    and its snowing ocean effect down there so it got filthy all over again

17. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

whats wrong with it now!?

18. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

friggin egr valve again
    and theyre gonna go through the whole thing and see if broke anything while they have it lol

19. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

damn fords haha hope they fix everything up

20. Nice truck Cat420, nice and clean. How do those BFG's running, miles wise? I bought some a year ago for my F150 and I love them in the winter, could plow in 2wd if you have enough weight in the back, but they seem to run fairly good on dry pavement in the off season too.
    Sucks my 2500HD needs a new tranny with only 80,000mi on it, $2,000 later it will be ready by Friday. OUCH! there goes some of the profits from December.