1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alittle Advice

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by kingriver, Oct 8, 2006.

1. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

We are considering purchasing a (NEW) plow for our somewhat older 2004 Dodge Dually Quad cab. DIesel. WHen I go to Blizzard website and do a vehicle match they only list two plows for this truck.. I am wanting the 8611 since I have the dual wheels. Any information on a similiar application would be appreciated..

thanks kindly

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

they probably arent going to list an 8611 for your truck, due to the increased weight. Dual rear wheels don't really make much difference, but the extra weight of the plow in the front is going to need more FAGVW than you will have available, especially if you have a diesel. If you're dually is a pickup (not a cab/chassis) with the wide fenders, they are eight feet at the outside, so an eight footer is not enough, but an 810 would be perfect. The 8611s I believe are intended more for a medium duty truck with a higher FAGVWR. Bear in mind the heavy plow in front combined with the 4 rear tires sharing the load in back results in extremely poor traction, you'll need more ballast than a single rear wheel truck. I love my 810, couldn't be happier with it. My truck is an extended cab longbed dually and is all the plow you need. If you absolutely needed the extra foot of width the 8611 gives, maybe you could scab some wings on an 810, but I wouldn't bother, unless maybe you do nothing but giant parking lots. And you can only push so much snow.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah you should be able to get it for that truck, a buddy of mine has an 810 on his chev crew cab diesel and they don't list that plow for that truck either.

4. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Our truck is also an extended cab-dually-with wide fender flares. 810 would be perfect you stated. isnt that an 8' plow ?

5. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

10' with the wings extended

6. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I would put a 8611 LO PRO on it. It's only about 120lbs more than the 810. That is what I have on my 03 F350 SD CC PSD. Works great.

7. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

exactly what is a 8611 LO PRO,, AND could you email me a picture of it on your truck ?

thanks kindly
    kingriver

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Ditto, I have two on my 350's.

It's an 8611 that is cut down in height to the same as an 810, cutting down on the weight.

Blizzard, Sidewing, Kubota 009.jpg

9. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Here's my 8611LP

DSCN2443.JPG

10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

somewhat older 04 i hope thats not old

11. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Here's a picture right after Jerre installed it.

DSCN2434.JPG

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Everett, I like the one in the snow the best. Nice looking truck. Looks like you had as crappy weather as I did at Jerre's.