1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alignment with Timbrens

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BossC/K1500, Oct 28, 2005.

1. BossC/K1500

BossC/K1500 Junior Member

I have read that you need a front end alignment after a new install of Timbrens. Can anyone verify this for me. Also, Any particular type or brand of Timbrens?

2. go plow

go plow Senior Member

first of all,timbrens are timbrens, i dont think any one else makes them, i could be wrong, i installed them on my truck, they work great!!! no need to align the front end..... all timbrens do is take the place of you stock rubber stops that are mounted above you axle.. as weight is put on you truck ,the axle will rest on the timbrens, taking the load off of your springs.... when there is not weight in/on your truck the timbrens are not active.... unless you have a 1500 gmc.. the timbrens are in contact with your A arm all the time. but dont affect camber/caster.... hope this helps
  3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Timbrens replace the factory bump stops so no alignment is needed. As far as I know Timbrens is brand name manufactured by Timbren Industries, so there is only one manufacturer. I believe Monroe made something similar under another brand name. Timbren Industries website is www.timbren.com
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

No need for an alignment. They say that when you raise your torsion bars you need to get an alignment. I didn't. And after last season I took my truck in and asked for one, the dealer told me everything was right in spec.