1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alignment After Plowing

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NBI Lawn, Dec 13, 2007.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Just wondering how well a Dodge's alignment handles a plow? I am a stickler for a straight steering wheel and for my truck to track straight going down the road. Only wondering because I think I found a plow for my truck. It would only see light use.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Depending on the truck year and series you will be OK with light plowing. If you expect to plow for 15 hrs per storm running over curbs and driving the truck hard NO WAY!! Just driving the truck with a blade on the front drastically lowers the life span of the front end. At the end of the plowing season expect upper and lower ball joints, outer tie rods plus a alignment.

This is the norm no matter the make of truck. Although 2500 3500 do much better as per repairs.
  3. NBI Lawn

It might help if I gave that info. Its an 06' 2500 CTD.
  4. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

I wouldnt worry about it...3rd season on my 01 ctd 2500 QC...did ball joints over the summer (but with 89K on the ticker it would have been needed anyway).

I do plow 15 + hrs per storm....and have never had any steering / allignment issues.
  5. NBI Lawn

You have a straight wheel and all?
  6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I did my ball joints & axel joints at 89k
    Did the tie-rods last year:D
    Normal tire wear also
    Straight wheel an all;)

10 to 15 hr per snow event.
  7. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

I have an 06 3500 and have had trouble with the front end ever since I put a skyjacker leveling kit under it. So I can't say if it's the truck or the leveling kit, my steering wheel is off to the right and it pulls slightly to the right. But it wears the tires evenly so I have never tried to correct the prob. Remember dodge's are not known for having the best font ends
  8. NBI Lawn

I wouldnt think about doing any type of lift on a Dodge again. I use to have one and that thing was a wreck. Did you get your truck aligned after the leveling kit? I just put 2" spacers on my Jeep and the wear was fine but it had a pulling problem. Got it aligned and it is all good now.