1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

aligning holes on base angle with holes on blade

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Megunticook, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm having one hell of a time getting the base angle back on my Fisher because for the life of me I cannot get the holes to line up well enough to drive the pins through. The outside ones were pretty easy--but the 3 in between I have tried everything I can think of and still no luck. If I work at it long and hard enough I can get the pin through one hole of the angle and the hold in the blade, but not into the other hole of the angle.

Is there a trick to this? I talked to a guy at Fisher before I started, he warned me that I might need to use a prybar a little to get the holes to line up, but even with a bar I can't get those 3 remaining pins in.

Any secrets to doing this?

2. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

sounds like a twisted sector or headgear
  3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

He is talking about the base ot trip edge at the bottom of the plow.

I always work from the middle out. It will be twisted a bit, etc. Get the middle one in and then go back and forth on each side using a pry bar, BFH etc. May be helpful to have an extra pair of hands to slide the pins in.
  4. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Grind a slight bevel/taper on the pins ...It makes it soooo much easier to get them through! Use a good water resistant grease on these also....
  5. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the tips, everybody. I finally got it after calming down the next morning--sometimes the more frustrated you become the harder things get.

What finally worked was getting a pin partway, then taking the prybar and using the exposed portion of the pin to leverage the alignment, and driving the pin on through with a hammer while holding the prybar (a second set of hands would've made this a lot easier!).