1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alert -stolen Boss

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Avitare, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Just saw on our local news.

Some one drove around the back of Truck and Trailer in Boyne Falls Michigan
    and hooked up a brand new " 9foot 2 inch Boss Plow"
    The news photos were of straight plow. But I dont have a confirm
    since I just saw this 5 min ago.

I know the guys at this shop and this is where I do my business.
    Great guys.

Please be alert for anyone trying to sell a brand new Boss 9'2"

Michigan is a penninsula and if it leaves it will have to go south.

thanks
    tc
    Bellaire, MI
    comfort@torchlake.com

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

its a shame you have to your plow on pentagon watch. good luck

oh and its def somebody he knows.

3. TWIZTEDSTICKERS

TWIZTEDSTICKERS Junior Member

Ya to drive around back and get it I would think that they new it was there and ready to go.... hope they find it thats a couple dollar bills:realmad:

4. Boss Dealer

The plow was stolen from a Boss Dealer in Boyne Falls, MI
    (NW lower Michigan)
    Truck and Trailer is a big truck fitter for the State and County/City departments.
    They have plows assembled and ready for sale in their yard.
    Someone drove around the gated area and hooked up a brand new 9ft2in
    Boss plow-- and drove off.

So, asking that all be alert for some one attempting to sell this plow

5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Two nights ago, two other 9.2 vees were taken outa GR somewhere..

Not good at all.........

6. I know a 9'2 poly (assemble a few days ago) and a 8ft straight were taken from the grandville/ wyoming area lately too, and they had drilled a few new line hoses in the 9'2's pump housing, so they are checking any new looking 9'2's

I get my salt from the guy who lost these!

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Guy people got some guts. I think boss should design a locking feature that hooks up to the plow after you dismount it and if it sits outside then it will be all safe. Oh and they should make it so they have different locks on them you know. Different keyways like a car or truck. I accually thought about doing this but my plow sits inside locked up.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2007
  8. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

The guy that had two taken told me of someone else that had ten plows lined up, they took the two newest looking ones.....

The economy sucks and people are getting desperate but I'd bet all those plows were taken by the same group or person. Ebay.....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2007
  9. seems like they are taking two at a time! ALWAYS!

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Well I bet if we all keep a watchfull eye out we might be able to help get some of the plows back, if not atleast some leads anyway. The problem is they sell them on ebay, and craigslist.!:realmad:

11. My friend is missing a one year old 8ft straight blade and a BRAND NEW 9'2" Poly Both BOSS

HERES THE KICKER! Both of his plows have two extra holes drilled in the back of the pump housing for a rear plow. Please let me know if you see this in any plow for sale. i have checked craigslist grand rapids and ebay

12. tojay22

tojay22 Member

if i didnt know any better i would say johns behind all this. i have my eye on you firstclass.

13. progressivelawn

progressivelawn Member

yea im watching jons trucks to i want the drive that dump man that thing sick i was watching it this morning

14. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

15. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

my local dealer in central michigan had 2 plows taken right from infront of his building on a major road well lit, makes me sick seems like a pattern with the two at a time thing.

16. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

with regaurds to the locking device, fine, but whats to say 3-4 big guys can easily lift up a 8-9' plow assembly and drop it onto a 10-20ft open trailer and theyre gone in 30 seconds if they can get close enough to it. Mine arnt locked up, i dont park anything in front of the last one in the row either, BUT someone would have to know i have them in the back of my property, neighbors maybe, drive 200ft in dirt/mud on my property, hook it up , back out without hitting any of the trees etc, hard to see at night and be gone. Not too likely, theyre also stored inside at our other location all spring/summer/fall so its secure there. And im not saying anything about where i live, probably the plow thieves are reading this right now on here lol:gunsfiring:

My dog doesnt like men either, dirtier, older and taller ones he hates the most, so anyone i hear outside hooking one up on me, the dogs going out first, its his property and thinks its his turf and makes sure everyone knows it lol

17. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

18. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

What's even easier is typing into your search box site: craigslist.org "WHATEVER IT IS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR"

And it'll search every Craig's List listing that's out there.

19. springer HD

springer HD Junior Member

Locking your plow

THere is a way of locking your plow, either on the truck or off. Take a look at the driverside coupler latch area. There is a hole there where a lock can be inserted keeping the safety latch in place. This is available on RT3 models.

20. progressivelawn

progressivelawn Member

lol thos plows are on the front of my toro prolines man rt3's on my toro belts work amazing lol