1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alert-Fisher plow thefts Eastern Mass/North Shore

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Motorman 007, Dec 19, 2013.

1. FYI, There have been a rash of plows stolen on the North Shore of Mass in the past month. One of the contractors who plows with us had his XBlade stolen right out of his yard. These pricks back up with a covered trailer, tip the plow over on it's face and use a winch to slide it up the ramp and into the trailer. Several others have been stolen in the towns of Wenham, Ipswich, and Danvers for any of you guys here that are local. Locking them up apparently does no good...you have to block them in with other equipment. Nothing has showed up on Craigslist or EBay around here which makes one wonder how far away they go to sell them. Selling them for scrap would definitely raise some eyebrows and not net much more than $250.

Oh how I would love to be the guy who catches these bastards....

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That's sucks! A lot if a$$hats out there.

3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Gotta keep them locked up. Mine are locked in my heated garage with cameras.

4. nelandscaper

nelandscaper Junior Member

I knew I kept mine in the shop locked up for a reason! So sad no one can keep their dirty hands off other people's stuff.

5. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

Argh. I hate thieves. On the railroad, I've found that some people will steal anything that's not nailed down, and some things that are nailed down. I s'pose the Constitution (Amendment VIII) says we can't cut their hands off, but can we at least break their knuckles so they won't be able to swipe anything for awhile? :mad:

I have some ideas for ways to alert the owner if somebody's trying to steal a plow, and to recover stolen property, but I'm not sure how much to post publicly.

All I can say for now is lock up your stuff, get a big ol' ugly dog, use an alarm system and cameras, whatever it takes.

Did I mention I hate thieves?

6. Maine_Train

One more thing: around the end of November, I heard about some thefts of Ford trucks from dealerships in NH and ME. There seemed to be some F-250s and F-350s "walking away," most of them with plows. Locations hit included the Lakes Region and Plaistow, NH, along with York County, ME.

Since some of them ended up in the Lynn/Saugus area, and at least one was found stripped in Middleton, it kinda makes me go "hmmmm."

The National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) is working on it with multiple law enforcement agencies, so I think the thievin' bastitches will get caught.

Why can't some people keep their mitts off other people's stuff?
    [​IMG]
    (Probably because of druuuuuuuuugs.)

7. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have a contact person in case we find something?

8. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Be careful about buying a plow that the serial numbers aren't on it.

9. You can reach out to me here (sorry I didn't answer your PM). I have contacts in the law enforcement community here and can pass anything credible on to them.

10. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

do you have more specifics?

are we talking x blades? hd blades ?

etc?

Craigslist has been super sketch lately so just trying to help out

11. Maine_Train

Local law enforcement should get a "hit" if they run any serial number or VIN that was entered in a theft report, and the NICB agents will see that, too.

Darn right. And I just went to look at the SN on my 7½' RD, wiped the dirt off, and the bar code and everything wiped off the label! :mad:
    Now I gotta break out the electric engraver.

Because plow pumps could get "parted out" from a stolen plow, or even stolen separately, record the SN from your pump, too.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  12. 8 foot XBlade SS w/Fisher rubber deflector and doubled up ends on the cutting edge MM2

Brand new never used Fisher Extreme V SS (stolen from municipality)MM2

9 foot Fisher HD MM2

13. For all intents and purposes the S/N are useless as they wipe right off or can be peeled off.

14. Maine_Train

Yeah, which sucks major hose. :(
    But I have some ideas on that, one of which is DataDots. It can be applied to an entire vehicle, boat, or heavy equipment.

I sent ya a PM, too.

15. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Preciously. I've had them literally come right off with a blast of a hose the first time I've washed them. I got to looking at my paperwork on my latest plow; it didn't even come with the serial number on the receipt, or my name for that matter....it just says "cash customer", So much for proof of purchase.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  16. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I'm just throwing this out there.... Over the summer, I was walking my dog through the back yard for the final time of the night at around 11:30.... Saw a car pull up with its lights off... 2 guys get out and start high tailing it towards my bobcat and equipment trailer.... needless to say they didn't make it far. It's great how word of mouth can spread so quickly when you tie a guy up to a tree to the point he starts to cry....... then call the cops. I'm pretty sure my plow is safe right there out in the open..... ;-)

17. Love it....canine security....

18. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

It wasn't even the dog.... I have 2 labrador retrievers that are very passive and non aggressive.. in fact, if it were up to them... a few dog biscuits would have sold just about anything to the thieves... Its the reason I need anger management on a weekly basis that made that dude cry.... The wife thought the pictures i took shouldn't have been placed on facebook either... she made me delete them.

19. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Post the pictures!

20. Maine_Train

ChevKid, you need some of those "Never mind the dog, beware of owner" signs around your property. :D