1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ALERT- begin preparations NOW in Northeast!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnboy11, Feb 11, 2007.

1. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Category 5 blizzard (blizznatch for my homeys) possible on tues weds 2/14 and 2/15.

If you haven't alredy done do you may wish to get your shiznet together, the madman Henry on accuweather just sounded serious when he said he was worried about a possible Cat 5 blizzard (think snowy Katrina!).

Hopefully we'll at least get enough to plow/ snowblow!

I'm already excited and it's 60 hours away.

Yikes.

Anyone else getting antsy? I am. Bring it on, weeeeeeeeehaaaaaa!

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Yeah man!!!!!!! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning! I knew this was gonna happen and i cant friggin wait!!:yow!: :yow!:

3. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

Fo Shizzle my nizzle Ya'll. It looks like we're gonna get a good Blizzle. :D

4. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

Wife thinks I am nuts!!

I have been looking at this storm for 3 day's now.Last night I could not get any sleep and was checking Accu-weather every hour.I fell asleep somewhere around 4am this morning infront of the computer.The wife said if I keep looking I will jinx the storm.I said leave me alone,I am trying to figure out how many bills I can pay with 12-18 inches of snow!At my age the saying goes I love snow more than sex.I get more of it,and it lasts longer!!!!!
    Wife's answer to that is your Fu--ing NUTS.

5. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Blizzle is a good one!

6. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

getting the snow blower ready today the truck been ready since the begining of the season let it snow now

7. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Ya i heard that i cant wait i am in nassau county...

8. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I'll wait till...

I'll wait till Tuesday,been excited before this season for nothing!:cry:

9. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Who knows could be a blizzle or whatever you called it LOL.But I think we will at least get to plow.That is what matters to me.

RCGM
    Brad

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Same here. I could hardly sleep last night. I think I have been watching the weather and checking it online for about 5 hours lol.

11. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

My wife says I`m driving her nuts. She says I`m acting like a kid. I`ve been watching the weather and looking at accuweather a couple times an hour. The guys at work swore I was nuts.

12. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

According to the latest computer models the storm might actually come too far north and give Connecticut Snow then sleet and rain issues. Henry on accuweather is a snow nut and says not to follow the computer on this....I guess we just have to wait and see

13. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Don't jinx it...I REALLY WANT THIS STORM!!! :nod: I sure hope we get it, right now accuweather is saying 8-12" here, with upwards of 12" possible...bring it on!:salute: wesport

14. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I think the insane asylums are gonna be full of plow guys if this storm doesnt come through, lol. I dont care, as long as I get enough to plow

15. dieselboy

dieselboy Member

Is this supposed to get up to the adks? Should i take my for sale sign off the plow truck? jeez now im all worked up. goin to the weather channel..... :drinkup:

16. GSE

GSE Senior Member

You people are all nuts, it's not going to snow.

Home Depot and Lowe's contacted NOAA to stir up some hype. They have to move ALL the snowblowers in stock to make room for the lawn mowers!

:waving:

17. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

So that means rain in western Ma.

18. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Of course this is when a storm will come, I leave for old forge on a snowmobiling trip wed-sun. Probably my last year going, next year I hope to have real accounts, not just friends, so I won't be able to leave for trips. Oh well.

19. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

storm total guesses went down considerably for my zip code overnight. This is gonna be another storm that severly dissapoints me, i can feel it now.

20. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Went up for me...now I'm smack in the middle of the 18+ band.

Local guy says "8 or more, emphasis on more.".

About damn time. Getting tired of watching the grass grow.