1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alcoa's?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by getsum, Feb 3, 2016.

1. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Anyone here run alcoa's or something similar on there one ton dump???

2. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

No but I've been looking for a set!!

3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

My friend does look great

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

5. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Haha, I do what I can. :D

7. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

I run the ion look a like ones on 2 of my truck's. I can't figure out how to insert pics from my phone

8. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

I priced out a brand new set from Alcoa for my 95 f350 dump and they were actually reasonably priced.

9. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

To rich for my blood Mark!

I sport me some chrome simulators on my 550. Real nice Clark.

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm considering some steel wheels with simulators to run on my truck in the winter to keep the aluminum wheels out of the salt and crap. They're coated right now but when they get dull and start to peal I'll have them stripped and polished and I want to keep them out of the salt if I can help it after that.

11. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I've been eyeing some real nice KMC "XD Battalions". With a good set of General HTS (Low rolling resistance to boot) with two new inner steelies, I'm out the door for $2,400.

Alcoas are nice, but very spendy and I like something with "Pop"

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A cut and polished set of Alcoa's will pop, more then a black wheel will.
    [​IMG]

13. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I dunno. Different strokes for different folks. I think with trucks, all the chrome rims look the same.

14. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Ask my dogs, all mail men like the same.

Just saying.

15. I have them on my f450. They have some spots where the clear coat has come off. And looks like crap, this spring I want to cut an polish them but they do look great

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You going to cut and polish them yourself?

I did my flatbed once myself, it taught me to have someone else do it next time. :D

17. Hell no. I would but it works out cheaper to have a truck stop do them. There is a guy down by my dad's that does them for 50 each

18. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

10-4. I've been talking with a guy up in Wi to have him do my bed, toolboxes, and in time my wheels. He does a lot of show trucks and I figured he could handle doing a pickup as well.

19. I want to find an extra set for the winter and powder coat black chrome

20. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

[​IMG] Mine after the storm cleaning and checking fluids needs a good buff but she's a working girl [​IMG] 22 inches of snow in a buddy's lot he never made it to wide out in scoop 6.4 not even in boost