1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alaska Snowplowing Picture Journal for 2011-12

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Alaska Boss, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Ok,... I guess it's high-time to get this started again for another year,... I've actually been plowing in earnest for a number of weeks already,... even with our first plowable snow coming in a little later than normal this year. We got our first dustings in early October,... but nothing to speak of,... which is a good thing, because then it got cold & the ground froze up good, so when I did start up, the ground is hard,.. the snow is dry & fluffy,... just like it should be,... no wet heavy mess to deal with. But then, as November came in, I went on a deer hunt for a week out on the islands where I fish in the summer, and ended up dropping my camera in the ocean,... :realmad: so I lost my first bunch of pictures from the beginning of this winter. In any case, as I start this out,... I only have a few shots of some jobs from the past week or so,... but let the fun begin,.... wesportpayup

aa 1.jpg

aa 2.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You must be in the Continental United States to post pixs! Way to cold for me

3. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I've run both the Boss & the Blizzard quite a bit so far, and both are doing good. I took the Blizzard apart earlier, just to inspect it & repair a couple of cracks that were starting,... so hopefully it should be able to put in another 7-month snow plowing season again,... :bluebounc

aa 3.jpg

aa 4.jpg

aa 5.jpg

4. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Well, last time I checked, Alaska was still on the same continent as the rest of the states, so I guess I qualify,... but it's only been down to -14° (-26° C) so far, so even the boys & girls from NY could handle that,.... Thumbs Up

aa 16.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  5. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Our snow as of now is about knee-deep, maybe a little more in some places, a little less in others,... just depends how deep into the mountains you go,...

aa 6.jpg

aa 7.jpg

6. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

The 2000 Chevy is going to do most of the jobs this winter tho,... in places I have piles higher than the truck already,... and other than driving a spike into one of my new snow tires and destroying it, (left rear), all is well so far,....

aa 9.jpg

aa 10.jpg

aa 11.jpg

aa 12.jpg

aa 13.jpg

7. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

So, that's all I got so far,.... hope some of the rest of you are getting off to a good start too,... more later,... :waving:

aa 14.jpg

aa 15.jpg

8. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Great pics, I hope we are lucky enough for the ground to freeze before we have to plow, it has done nothing but rain for the last 4 days every where is ankle deep mud.

9. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Finally. Please have a backup camera from now on. As an Alaska Boss groupie, I cannot stand waiting this long for pics.

10. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

2nd that ! ...glad your back...thought something might have happened to you.
    Steve

11. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

subscribing!

12. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I'm in Great shots:salute:

13. big_belly4ever

big_belly4ever Member

I'm in for this year.
    So far here 3.5 inch and 51degrees today most will be gone.
    Deer season starts the 15th here in MI
    19th in Wisconsin I hunt both.
    So after my deer hunting is out of the way(so i don't have come in from camp and plow) let her fly

14. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Sub'ed for another great thread

15. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

Love looking at the pics! Subscribed!
    I told my wife I want to retire in Alaska, she said have fun, I'm staying here. I'm gonna miss her.

16. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

giggity giggity i was starting to wonder as well

17. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I'm In..................

18. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Subscribed

19. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

Subscribed keep up the great work hopefully no more problems...

20. NickT

NickT Senior Member

I enjoy the pics thanks for sharing