1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alaska plowing???snow??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Nolimit124, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Nolimit124

Nolimit124 Member

Hey guys i was looking to move up to alaska to either ancorage,Juno, or Kodiak or smaller towns near the major cities. I was just curious how the plowing was up there, and If it would be worth it to move up there to open a plowing company. I got offered a job up there, but my dream has been to open a plowing company so i was thinking about moving up there in August to pursue my goals. Just curios on a few points-

How much snow you get usually per season
    how much money can be made
    do piles get too hi for snow so would i need a front end loader or bobcat?
    hows the competition?
    are there alot of new contracts i could get up there?
    Alot of subcontractors?

any help would be greatly apprecaited

You can email me at Nolimit124@msn.com also if you want.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited

2. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

not from alaska but search posts by alaskaboss. he always posts pictures in the storm pic thread and im sure he would have some useful information for you. best of luck!

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Why are you posting this question everywhere. you are not going to make any money up there. look at your other thread you started with the same question you asked, do you think if you put it somewhere else you will get a better response and it seems like you are looking for that one person that is going to tell you that you are going to make a million dollars plowing snow up there. the thing is you make less money per push and you have to work twice as hard to make what you would make here in the states like areas of cleveland and western ny in this area. get a clue..

4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Well did you move to Alaska? if so ware and maybe I can send you a million dollars worth of work.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Who wants to plow when the high for the day is minus 50!

6. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

at -50 there is nothing to plow. No moisture in the air so no snow.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Good because I wouldn't being going out to plow anyways!

8. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Ya but you would still be going out for coffee :drinkup::D

9. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Now you know why no one is here. No one wants to work.

10. nekos

nekos Senior Member

Some one with a Boss 9.2 V plow.:drinkup:

(sorry threads just are not the same unless you mention a Boss 9.2 V plow them some where.)