1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alaska plow truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by oldtimesnowplow, Oct 11, 2006.

1. oldtimesnowplow

oldtimesnowplow Junior Member
    from Alaska

Hi All: I have a plow truck and have a web site. I have a 18 hr plow route in Anchorage Alaska. I started plowing in 1973 and still plow today. Here is a photo of my truck and a web address. I am not looking for any more work but I wanted to give you a chance to see what I have set up on the web. The web site is http://web.mac.com/oldtimesnowplow And I also do landscaping and yard work. With all the summer sun I have lots of grass to cut in the summer and with little sun in the winter I am plowing in the night a lot. Thomas Brnuner (owner Old Time Snow Plowing)

Attached Files:

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

How about a little more info on the truck. It looks like it's in awesome condition.

3. oldtimesnowplow

from Alaska

Oldtimesnowplow

Hi : The truck is a 1959 Willys with the original engine and trans. I got it from my father in law in Hope alaska and did a off frame restoration on it in 1997. Rebuilt everthing on the truck. It has so much power that I can push snow without snow tires or tire chains, It only goes 45 mph. it is slow but in town in a snow storm who needs to go any faster. I also have a garden tractor with a plow and a sand spreader to get into tight spots. I pull a small trailer behind the truck for the tractor and have a large insulated storage box to keep it thawed out. It workes great. my web site is
    http://web.mac.com/oldtimesnowplow/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html
    Thomas Brunner wesport

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nice work, it looks beautiful. Almost too nice to work with.

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Ever thought about putting a E-47 on that and some angle cylinders. :confused:

6. oldtimesnowplow

from Alaska

Oldtimesnowplow

What is a E-47? And angle cylinders would be nice.:confused:

7. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Wow, looking at that truck sure brings back memories. I started riding shotgun with my Dad 34 years ago when I was 12 years old in his 1968 International Scout 800 with a Fisher MANUAL Angle plow. My job was that of Pin Boy/Shovel Operator. At my Dad's command, I would hop out, pull the pin, angle the plow however he wanted it next, and then go off and shovel any snow my dad could not get infront of the garage door. We would also shovel one walkway to the house. We had more work than we knew what to do with. When I turned 16 I took the 68 scout over and he bought a new Scout 2 with a Fisher Power Angle Plow. I have to see if I can find a picture of that old 68

8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

that truck already has a pump on it why does he need a e47

9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Its an E-46. Which is a E-47 with out the angle block on it. You can convert a e-46 to a 47 by changing the block, adding the solniod, and running the extra wires to the controler to the angle function. Then just get a set of angle cylinders. Or just buy an 2nd pump and cylinders off ebay for under $400.