1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

alarm system messed up

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Wilburn Parks, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

My alternator went bad and ran batteries down in my 1995 F-350 diesel crew cab. Now my alarm system goes off and my door locks don't work any more. I have to start truck by jumping solenoid, but alarm still goes off every time I open doors. When alarm goes off it kills ignition switch and can't start using key. All fuses are good. I have checked everything I could think of. Anybody know what to do? My next step is to take it in when we get a break in action. Thanks for any help.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Got the alarm manual? Might be a reset / relearn procedure or something to that effect. Some may have a reset or bypass button under / behind the dash somewhere. A woman at work had he remote battery die, hers disables ignition too when you set it off. We found the button above emergency brake pedal.

3. Wilburn Parks

Put new batteries in hand held remote already. Did look under dash, under passenger side kick panel, didn't find anything. I'll look better and above brake pedal. Thanks for help.

4. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Have you got your batteries back up to full charge? The alarm on my car would do that if the battery drained from sitting too long. Only thing I could do to stop it, was to disconnect the battery cable and charge it back up. I didn't get a manual with the car, so I don't know of one but there must be an easier reset procedure as MickiRig says. I have a button and switch directly below the steering column. The switch disables alarm when alls good with the battery. Never got the button to do anything.

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I've got a good one for you, when my remote start times out at the end of the 10 min. cycle it sets my alarm off cause the dome light comes on. The alarm thinks the door was opened and flashes "DOOR" on my remote.

If you can think of a repair for that, I would welcome it !!!

6. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

Id cut the damn thing out and throw it away. I work at a car lot and do that almost every day.

Tony

7. Wilburn Parks

I haven't got to check any of the advices yet maybe tomorrow. Yea i wouldn't care if I had alarm on truck. When I pulled fuse to shut off the alarm something else shut off too. I can't remember what it was right now. Get back tomorrow. thanks

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have a new Windstar with the alarm and antitheft system on it. Gotta love $45 extra keys and 45 min's to program the key. The owners manual don't say nothing much about the alarm system. I thought it might help in this situation.
    I just love owners manuals so vague!

9. Wilburn Parks

Took truck in to get it fixed, Called today said it was fixed. Will post tomorrow to let you know what was wrong and how they fixed it.

10. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

Your alarm resets its self when you battery gos died .

As for the Little button its not a kill switch its a vale switch.Your kill switch is connected to your starter wire under your steering wheel by a relay

11. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

You can set the remote start to by pass the alarms several stages door Ipswich, hood,and dome light. Tell me what model you have and ill tell you how

12. Wilburn Parks

Well got truck back and they replaced drivers door alarm key switch. then they reprogramed key pad.