1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alarm clock or do you just wake up?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KBTConst, Sep 2, 2013.

1. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I have never had to use an alarm clock to wake up in the mornings. I start plowing at 1:00am and I have always just woke up before I had to plow (I still set my alarm just incase) Just wondering how many here have to use their alarm clock.
  2. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Thats what I do. I generaly wake up aroind 12:30 and my alarm is set for 1 incase I dont wake up.
  3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I usually set the alarm clock just in case. But in my nightmares I wake up at 8am, I'm naked , the help won't answer phone and I'm driving a strange truck and plowing some mythical lots in the middle of summer !

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I always use a my alarm clock, I hate being late, and rushing around
  5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I get the same dream.... except I have a naked woman in the passenger seat giving me "mythical lots in the middle of summer"

I usually can't sleep prior to a storm, but I set my alarm anyway.
  6. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Yea same just usually cant sleep before a storm.
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My boss either tells me when he wants me to come in or he will call me when he wants me to come in.
  8. bln

bln Senior Member

My alarm goes off about the time I'm pouring my third cup of coffee. My nerves wont let me sleep.
  9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I always set the alarm but have a hard time sleeping.
    Just make sure you turn the alarm off when you wake up before it. My wife doesn't find it amusing having to turn the alarm off at 1:30am when I've already left.
  10. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Neither. Mike calls, I get up. Easy peeeezy
  11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The worst is when they say it is going to snow. I set the alarm for 12 and then every hour after that. If I get up and check the radar I might as well just stay up.
    Now that we have 2 empty bedrooms I sleep in one of those so I can just lift my head up and look out the window.
  12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

13. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

same as most, I usually cant sleep before a big one, set alarm in case but usually get up before it goes off.
  14. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

2x this :nod:
  15. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I'm a heavy sleeper and always run two alarms since i rarely hear the first! I'm up and out the door no problem, and actually like getting up and going early, i just dont hear the damn thing!
  16. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Can't sleep. Just go to my office and watch the radar..
  17. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I can never sleep before a storm. Just sit and watch the weather channel waiting to be called in to plow.
  18. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Same as most. Pretty restless before a storm.
  19. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Same here, I set the alarm just in case, but I either can't sleep or wake up every 15 minutes.
  20. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I love the nights that I wake up every 15 minutes and look out the window just to see that the weatherman was wrong again. It make for a very long day, it's better for me just to stay up.