1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airports

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Wiggins, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Wiggins

Wiggins Junior Member

Does anyone have experience in working on airports for snow removal and ice management?? if so anyone willing to give me some professional advice?

2. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare Member
    from Indiana

Duck, LOL J/K have no experience can't help much..

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The landing area is handled by the airport themselves and the parking is usually done by bid.

4. zman9119

zman9119 Member

All our areas were handled by our staff (runways, taxiways, tarmac, ramps, & parking lots).

5. suzuki4life

suzuki4life Junior Member

the small airport that i fly out of does all of its own stuff.

-zach

6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I had a friend that...

Hi,This wont be much help but I had a buddy that operated a Cat 988 for a contractor at Logan in Boston, clearing taxi ways and that stuff....Once he was in his machine he stayed there for the duration of the storm.....They brought him out his meals ,he had a bucket...need I say more....It was a tough way to plow snow as a operator....

7. hobbie

hobbie Junior Member

we plow a small local airport. It's pretty fun to get out on the runway and let the snow fly. TOO Bad we have no snow:realmad:

8. Wiggins

Wiggins Junior Member

Hobbie

What kind of equipment do you use to handle the airport?? do you just use your truck and plow? or is there a need for larger equipment? also how did you price the job?

9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

oh yea, i made a thread last winter about asking wtf that thing was!! lol, if i can find it, it has a lot of info about it in there as well as how much they are!!

11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

12. hobbie

hobbie Junior Member

It is just a small local Airport, We charge by the hour. I think we are up to $60? an hour. usually 4 trucks 1hour each 1-3 in. snow. (around hangers,runway, taxi strip,and fuel area) if we really get snow or their is drifting by the hangers they bring in a tractor and blower. I'm not sure what they charge for that.

13. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

airport

Hello
    I work at BWI airport in Maryland and we took care of a satellie area of the airport.
    We took care of the hangers,parking lot,fueling area and the tarmax that leads out to the runway.

Frank